Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Basically my boat is too heavy/large for this Micro so I am selling it because I've bought a standard powerpole. I broke the last one and Powerpole is such an awesome company that they just sent me a brand new on in a box, so you'll be receiving everything from the power cord and remotes to the bolts to mount it up. I don't feel like shipping the spike, but I'll ship the unit itself if you pay via Paypal. If you pick it up, I'll give you the 8 foot spike it came with for free. I'm located just northwest of Gainesville near I75.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll keep that in mind, but the lowest price I can find is 600 bucks not even including the spike so I think I'm going to hold out for my asking price. If I can't get it I'll message you Forrest. Thanks for the offer.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
226 Posts
Hey man, if this is still for sale (or for that matter if it's not), I've got a question for you: How loud is it deploying? I fish solo a bunch, and have always thought about these micros as a way to stop my little skiff (towee) when I need to pause to sight-cast to fish. Think this is a good use of it, or do you feel like it hums too much going down for sight-casting application? I'm in town so pick-up not a problem.

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
15,594 Posts
Hey man, if this is still for sale (or for that matter if it's not), I've got a question for you: How loud is it deploying? I fish solo a bunch, and have always thought about these micros as a way to stop my little skiff (towee) when I need to pause to sight-cast to fish. Think this is a good use of it, or do you feel like it hums too much going down for sight-casting application? I'm in town so pick-up not a problem.
I have one on my skiff, it’s quieter than my push pole going in the holder. I make my cast before I deploy it though, no reason to stake out before a cast unless you are in 30mph wind then being quiet is not really an issue.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
In terms of deploying it's VERY quiet. I've never had it spook fish except when deploying it over rock bottom because the spike bangs from rock to rock while it drags and tries to stop the boat. But if you put it down in sand, mud, or grass, it's quiet as hell. It would be perfect for your Towee. I just got a steal on a standard power pole and my boat is really too heavy for it, it's pushing 1200 pounds I think. Twice I've broken the plastic bracket that attaches it to the transom. Once was negligence - drove off with it partially deployed. The last time I didn't feel like I did anything negligent, I was just in a heavy current and deep water, a lot of leverage. Anyway, if you want it you're welcome to the spike for free.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.