Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2DAEEA66-0DB4-4C1A-A320-93D494CF9D26.png
Back in WiFi anchored off of Rapa Nui Easter Island.
I have been getting emails about canoe designs. This is the only one I have drawn up.
My design idea came after my wife and I took 10 days to paddle the length of the Everglades.
What we really wanted was to just stay in remote bays at anchor and fish for days. This is my answer. Enough room for 2 campers, food, tackle and all needed gear. Low enough to get under the overhanging creek limbs. A canvas hood to keep the rain and bugs out.
I wanted to use a small outboard for the long stretches and then paddle the rest.
To build this boat you just build the hull in 2 halves and then glue and glass them together.
Very easy to do. It can be built in cedar or core.
Off to Mangareva next week, 1485 mile passage. Looking for GTs there.
Take care

·
Registered
184 Posts
View attachment 59720 Back in WiFi anchored off of Rapa Nui Easter Island.
I have been getting emails about canoe designs. This is the only one I have drawn up.
My design idea came after my wife and I took 10 days to paddle the length of the Everglades.
What we really wanted was to just stay in remote bays at anchor and fish for days. This is my answer. Enough room for 2 campers, food, tackle and all needed gear. Low enough to get under the overhanging creek limbs. A canvas hood to keep the rain and bugs out.
I wanted to use a small outboard for the long stretches and then paddle the rest.
To build this boat you just build the hull in 2 halves and then glue and glass them together.
Very easy to do. It can be built in cedar or core.
Off to Mangareva next week, 1485 mile passage. Looking for GTs there.
Take care
I had a few beers with you at the Florida Keys Brewing Co. good to see you sticking to your plan. It looks like you’re
“Livin the dream”,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts