Poveromo’s World of Saltwater Fishing Treats U.S. Joint Task Force Operation Members to Guantanamo A

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by iMacattack, Mar 19, 2009.

1. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Poveromo’s World of Saltwater Fishing Treats U.S. Joint Task Force Operation Members to Guantanamo Adventure

March rolls on with top-notch outdoors programming on ESPN2. In a continuation of last week’s episode of Poveromo’s World of Saltwater Fishing, host George Poveromo takes U.S. Joint Task Force Operation members, stationed at the U.S. Naval base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, fishing for snook in the Bay and the Guantanamo River. The episode is set for Sunday, March 22, at 7:30 a.m. ET on ESPN2.

Also this week, Spanish Fly will air the second of two episodes from south Louisiana, where the recreational fishing business is red hot. Host Jose Wejebe joins guides Travis and Bryan Holeman in pursuit of sizable reds in shallow water. The Sunday, March 22 telecast, set for 9 a.m. on ESPN2, will show viewers sight-fishing tactics from the redfish paradise.

In this week’s installment of Best of Offshore Adventures, host Chris Fischer and his wife, Melissa, look back at the amazing roosterfish bite they experienced in Pinas Bay, Panama. The crew will give some closing thoughts about their favorite experiences throughout the years Sunday, March 22, at 8 a.m. on ESPN2.

On Saturday, March 21, ESPN2 viewers can catch encore presentations of A Day on the Lake featuring Bassmaster Elite Series pro Bobby Lane of Lakeland, Fla., at 8 a.m., and World’s Greatest Fishing Show with ESPN Outdoors personality Mark Zona, who is fishing with Bill Dance at 8:30 a.m.

ESPN Outdoors continues to provide the best how-to programming featuring industry luminaries and experts.

A complete listing of ESPN Outdoors programming aired on ESPN2 can also be found on www.ESPNOutdoors.com. Visit www.ESPNOutdoorsMedia.com for ESPN Outdoors’ latest releases, schedules and other news, plus photos, video and audio clips and more.

ESPN Outdoors First-Quarter Programming Schedule for January through March

ESPN Outdoors on ESPN2 for Saturdays

7 a.m. Beat Charlie Moore

7:30 a.m. Beat Charlie Moore

8 a.m. A Day on the Lake

8:30 a.m. World’s Greatest Fishing Show

9 a.m. The Bassmasters

ESPN Outdoors on ESPN2 for Sundays

7 a.m. Madfin Shark

7:30 a.m. Poveromo’s World of Saltwater Fishing

8 a.m. Best of Offshore Adventures

8:30 a.m. Fishing Adventurer

9 a.m. Going Coastal

9:30 a.m. Spanish Fly

* Times and show subject to change.

About ESPN Outdoors: Since its inception in 1980, ESPN Outdoors has strived to inform and entertain anglers, hunters and people of all ages who enjoy the outdoors. ESPN Outdoors is committed to increasing awareness of and participation in outdoor activities, a direction best exemplified by television programming on ESPN2. Each year, ESPN Outdoors stages more than 30 marquee events, including the Bassmaster Classic. ESPN Outdoors is comprised of BASS, the worldwide authority on bass fishing, and a growing array of multimedia platforms, including Bassmaster.com, ESPNOutdoors.com and programming on ESPN2, in addition to promotions and activities that deliver a clear message of conservation and ethical sportsmanship.

-30-

Media Contact: Doug Grassian at (407) 566-2216 or doug.grassian@espn.com

2. aaronshore

aaronshore Well-Known Member

Poveromo. Worst show on TV.

3. cal1320

cal1320 Well-Known Member

I disagree. You must have forgotton about ESPN's new show
    Fishing Adventurer.
    I find Cyril unwatchable.

4. aaronshore

aaronshore Well-Known Member

Yeah. I forgot about that one.

Edit: One of the two worst shows on tv!!! ;D

5. deerfly

deerfly Opinicus iracibilus

I met George a few times when I took over the Mako owners tournaments circa 1996, 1997. This was before he had a show of course. His thing then was making videos. George is a Mako "kid", growing up in the "funaments" that Bill Munro made legendary in those circles. Thus, George was able to leverage that relationship into a Mako sponsorship, which translated into a number of fully rigged Mako boats for his efforts.

George really is a good guy and is as passionate about fishing as anyone I've ever met and equally capable too. He's also very determined business wise and has done well for himself. Making a business out of fishing isn't easy and to be successful you have to play the game right with the sponsors and he's done that. I have to give him a lot of credit for that. Back when I was in the tournament role I had both the aspirations and some chances to do things commercially myself, but couldn't do it because I wouldn't promote something I didn't believe in or actually use. Guys like George, Mark Sosin and others can look past that and have done well because of it.

Anyway, I have to admit Georges TV persona doesn't come across that well. But again, if you spent some time with him and got to know him "off" camera you'd probably like him. Even if you don't like him, you have to give him some prop's because he's actually living most of our dreams.  :cool: