Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chittum Mangrove
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is my last high and dry. My brother and I were tarpon fishing and we decided to fish later and wait for traffic to die down. We got out to do some wading for snook and reds. Well the north wind that blew all day finally relented and when it did the water poured off this flat. This happened in less that 45 minutes where the skiff was floating with the Power Pole down, then it was high and dry. We were right on a crown and if we were 10 feet left it would have fine. One the plus side we did catch some nice fish, mid 30s red on a Zara Spook

This was June 2016.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Water Natural landscape Vehicle Watercraft Wood

I wasn't driving, but I guess I was supposed to be navigating. My buddy missed the turn and just kinda froze and ran up on that log jam. More throttle and we woulda cleared it. But hard left woulda been the correct action. Instead he just kinda split the difference cut power by half. Picture doesn't do it justice. The bow was over my head, and im 6'2".

·
Registered
164 Posts
Cloud Sky Water Coastal and oceanic landforms Horizon

Don’t have a picture of the boat but here is one of my buddies walking with a beer, rod, and short shorts. We were out chasing a school of reds in a creek and just miscalculated. We were only using the trolling motor and the tide was dead low anyway so it wasn’t anything dramatic. My other buddy (who bought my VHP from me) just dropped the power-pole as deep as he could in the soft sand and we continued the chase. We all grabbed a couple Mich Ultras, one rod, and a bag of soft plastics during our walkabout. We gave it about 30 minutes and walked back to the boat and were able to push it off the sandbar. Good day.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,466 Posts
First year of the Cowford Redfish Tournament in 2020--and my first time fishing those big flood tides. It's amazing how fast the water comes off of those flats once the tide turns (we quickly found out!). Did get to see some beautiful scenery though! Had to leave the skiff overnight in the marsh--walking out to the ICW to catch a ride was fun 😎

Cloud Sky Water Boat Plant

Cloud Sky Water Boat Watercraft

Cloud Water Sky Water resources Natural landscape

Cloud Sky Water Bird Plant

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Camping on Pavilion Key out of Chokoloskee 2018. Waded through 50 yds of mud in the middle of the night to make sure the boats were still floating, found a pack of * pilfering through our stuff and never saw the edge of the water.
A pack a what?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts