Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be doing a fundraiser bass tournament for my company with my 14’ Piranha. One of the rules states the boat must have a working livewell. I have been trying to find a portable livewell that can hold up to 5 bass, and putting it in my grab bar where my 65 qt Yeti goes just for the tournament. Does any one have any recommendations on where to find a one? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Ther are a couple on the Tampa Craigslist. One of those may do the job. You will need to contact them reagarding size since the ads don’t specify.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Going to be doing a fundraiser bass tournament for my company with my 14’ Piranha. One of the rules states the boat must have a working livewell. I have been trying to find a portable livewell that can hold up to 5 bass, and putting it in my grab bar where my 65 qt Yeti goes just for the tournament. Does any one have any recommendations on where to find a one? Any help is appreciated.
Why not your 65qt yeti with a portable aerator? Just change the water frequently.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Why not your 65qt yeti with a portable aerator? Just change the water frequently.
This ^. I’ve been researching on turning my 45qt into a live well for bait and transferring a few bass from pond to pond. The 65 should be large enough from what I’ve read. Look at YouTube for how the bass guys do their live Wells for tournaments. They plug them up, use ice (or frozen bottles), and some sort of livewell addative.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Determine size. Cut and assemble the unit first without using the 5200. Disassemble the unit and reassemble coating all edges with 5200. Dip fingertip in mineral spirits to smooth out 5200. Have plenty of paper towels on hand. The first pic is how I reinforced the bottom. 2nd pic inside details. 3rd pic sketch of corner detail. Also I use Locktite marine sealant (HD and Lowes) Instead of 3M 5200.
20190206_083610.jpg

·
Forgotten Coaster
2,421 Posts
You can use liquid dishwasher liquid also to smooth out 5200. Dawn is biodegradable and easy to use.

Is the 5200 adhering well to the PVC? Always thought it wouldn't stick to Starboard but apparently the smooth coating and different composition does the trick?

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Old cooler bigger the better. $10 bubbler. Change water after adding bass. Tank doesnt get as dirty holding bass as it does holding bait Anything really big ( tourney winning ) i d head to the ramp. Good luck , hope y all have a blast !

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
The locktite marine caulking sticks to the pvc board fine. Different material than starboard. The pvc board accepts oil based and 2 part polyurethane paints well (use a good primer). Or you can leave it un-painted. If left un-painted the edges will darken with use.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the replies!! I’ll probably end up going the old cooler route with a bubbler — changing the water frequently.

·
Brandon, FL
10,128 Posts
A $8 trash can from Home Depot, a pump attached to a hose to toss overboard for water. A drain line through top of can and hose overboard to drain.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts