Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be in the surf, using an intermediate sinking fly line(7wt). I’ve heard Gotchas and very small Bonefish flies will work.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Short clousers should work too. I tied a couple of sand flea looking Gotchas and Crazy Charlies in pink, yellow, and tan. Make sure you have some flies tied with both lightweight bead chain eyes as well as heavier brass eyes. That way you cover any current conditions that may keep your fly away from staying deep.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had success with the small clouser, specifically a variation of the foxee clouser. I high tied the fox and used flo. orange pearl chenille around the shank from the eyes to the bend. I figured the orange would imitate the sand flea roe. Worked good on pompano and whiting. I used a floating line on the bay side beaches and the fastest/heaviest sinking line I could cast on the surf side

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
I Like Chartreuse and White, Pink and White and Yellow and White Clousers. Usually fish #2 and #4. If they are around they will eat these well. Was finding them most every day prior to the recent cold front. View attachment 102356
I love to cook “Pámpano a la Sal”... Pámpano cooked in rock salt. Where can I catch them south of Miami?

94892678-0D3C-4CD4-B2C4-EAEE026DCD01.jpeg
6E4DAF53-2DB2-4D44-83E9-0F8CAA382831.jpeg
D63D3431-4F2C-4DAE-9F90-428E08E3E277.jpeg

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
You can also find them along the Gulf coast out of Chokoloskee between there and the Shark River area way to the south... in 8 to 15 feet of water - but it takes some looking...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts