Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Polling Platform J16

1725 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Adam G
i have a j16, older boat, 25 hp tiller steering, I would like to put a polling platform on it. any suggestions on where i can find one? I can do the install. i have seen J16 with platforms that bolted to the gunnels but i dont know where to find one. i would rather not spend more on the platform than the boat is worth.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· I Love microskiff.com!
3,594 Posts
i have a j16, older boat, 25 hp tiller steering, I would like to put a polling platform on it. any suggestions on where i can find one? I can do the install. i have seen J16 with platforms that bolted to the gunnels but i dont know where to find one. i would rather not spend more on the platform than the boat is worth.

· Registered
59 Posts
Here is the J16 I am working on for my son. Most any poling platform is going to mount to a raised deck, gunnel, or transom. I cant imaging you would ever mount to the floor deck. That is where the water intrusion issue is. Most of the decks are either wood or a foam core, either of which could be sealed.

The platform is just sitting there now to layout for backing plates, prior to glassing down the deck.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is the J16 I am working on for my son. Most any poling platform is going to mount to a raised deck, gunnel, or transom. I cant imaging you would ever mount to the floor deck. That is where the water intrusion issue is. Most of the decks are either wood or a foam core, either of which could be sealed.

The platform is just sitting there now to layout for backing plates, prior to glassing down the deck.
Looks great. I’m in the process of getting one built by Mattson. Don’t know if it’s the best deal but it’s reasonable enough and just bolts to the transom. Should not be too involved of an install

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.