Poling platform repair

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by JBentley, Feb 14, 2012.

1. JBentley

JBentley Willy 17

Does anyone know where I can order a hard rubber or plastic spacer for my platform? I am rehabbing a 2002 Willy 17. The rear support on the platform rolls around and attaches to the stern. There is a hard rubber or plastic spacer (anti-vibration?) between the platform and the stern - one inch thick by four inches.

Thanks for the help.

2. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

1" thick plastic hmmm? Could be black StarBoard.
    Contact forum member "anytide"

3. JBentley

JBentley Willy 17

Maybe so, It has the look of starboard, eased (routed) on the side. And, I just happen to have a piece!

Thanks.

4. gbud1969@gmail.com

gbud1969@gmail.com I Love my Piranha even more...

You can also use some of the backing (grip stuff) they use under an area rug to keep it from slipping. I have a huge piece that I used for all types of applications like this.

5. Flpt

Flpt Well-Known Member

Cesany Plastics, Inc Located in Ft. Lauderdale. Will cut and ship any size / thickness starboard you need 954-568-2002

6. JBentley

JBentley Willy 17

Thanks. I have been asking around for a scrap piece. Man, that stuff is expensive.