Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The poling platform for my RiverHawk B-60 is under construction now. With the engine and my weight in the back, the boat won’t sit dead level in the water so I am wondering if the platform should be level with the boat or angled a bit so it will be level once it is in the water. Has anyone adjusted the angle of their poling platform for this issue?

·
Brandon, FL
10,927 Posts
No boat will set level when you pile all the weight in the back, especially one that skinny.

Put a few hundred pounds up front to compensate for all yhe weight in back.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
584 Posts
I’d put it forward and only about 18” high like a casting platform then you can sit on it and drive and the weight will be farther forward
I can’t imagine that will be very stable if that is the actual height in the photo

·
I Love microskiff.com!
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’d put it forward and only about 18” high like a casting platform then you can sit on it and drive and the weight will be farther forward
I can’t imagine that will be very stable if that is the actual height in the photo
Appreciate the feedback - we will make adjustments to bring it as low as I can get it without creating motor interference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts