Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for recommendations for replacing the thin PVC board I have on my poling platform on my LT25. The PVC is far too flimsy for me. I've dealt with it for over a year, its time to change. I was thinking Coosa Board, but I don't need a full sheet. Anyone else have any ideas on what I should use and get the material in the Naples/ Immokalee area?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
65 Posts
I am finishing one made out of plywood, covered with fiberglass, and with some sand mixed in the final coat of epoxy. I am giving the epoxy a few more days to cure before painting. Definitely strong. A bit heavier than other options but it will be fine.

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,105 Posts
Just get a Yeti and put some seafoam on it

·
Registered
59 Posts
Plastic Specialties here in Naples can router you a new one out of thicker starboard. They all kinds of stuff with starboard and acrylic.
I am looking for recommendations for replacing the thin PVC board I have on my poling platform on my LT25. The PVC is far too flimsy for me. I've dealt with it for over a year, its time to change. I was thinking Coosa Board, but I don't need a full sheet. Anyone else have any ideas on what I should use and get the material in the Naples/ Immokalee area?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aluminum plate will also work and then put some sort of foam seadeck or similar pad on it.
I actually found a piece of aluminum in the garage that is going to be big enough. Thinking of using it under the fiberglass piece that it came with and figure both of them and some 5200 should be sufficent.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Go steal the appropriately sized street sign. Trim to fit if needed. Maybe a prefab countertop cut to fit from Home Depot. Just don’t forget to seal the edges. Actually they sell matching edges you heat with and apply.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I came across a piece of acrylic or plexi being thrown away (about 5/8” thick) and cut it right down to size with the jig saw. So much more sturdy. It worked well the first time out, though I am sure it’ll be slick if it were to get wet. I just need to suck it up and buy some SeaDek to top it. Can’t beat free though.

upload_2019-7-1_22-37-45.jpeg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts