SOLD/EXPIRED Plug for sale in North Carolina

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by CapFear, Dec 23, 2010.

1. CapFear

CapFear I Love microskiff.com!

I designed and am currently building a 17'8" skiff. I built a plug for it, and then built the actual boat from divinycell. I planned to just take the plug apart when finished, but I am having trouble getting myself to do it since I put so much time into building it.

If someone is looking to build a boat, I will sell them the plug only if they agree to only build a one off from it. I am willing to sell it for 500 bucks. That's only slightly more than a set of plans, and was what it cost me to build it. I hope you will agree that it is a pretty sweet looking boat. It is 72 inches wide with 17 inch tall hull sides. Before this boat I had a 17 foot Pathfinder tunnel hull that would beat me up in a chop. I designed this one to float really skinny like that boat, but to have a little more aggressive V on the front so that it would be able to take a chop better. It has a small 5 inch tunnel hull. If you are in consider building a composite boat, this will really save you a lot of time.

I live in Hampstead, NC (right down the street from Onslow Bay Boatworks).

I just put some pictures up on a blog, so you can see the plug there: http://floodingflats.blogspot.com/2010/12/decision-to-build.html

2. levip

levip I Love microskiff.com!

the plug looks great ...
    do you have a pic of the finished hull ?

3. CapFear

thanks levi. Not quite done yet. Here is a recent picture.

4. CLIFF69

CLIFF69 I Love microskiff.com!

THAT LOOKS NICE

5. levip

levip I Love microskiff.com!

very nice man very nice whered you get your core material at? ive been looking with little sucess
    are you gonna do a pulg for the deck also or?

6. CapFear

I lucked out on the foam for the bulkheads and transom. Got them cheap from a builder in town who had stack in the back of his shop. Had to buy the remaining foam from Diab. That check was a painful one to write.

I won't make a plug for the deck. I'll just build it on.

7. Jody

Jody I Love microskiff.com!

that is going to be a great looking skiff.Great line.What are you considering for power?I live in the area and would love to see it sometime.I'm currently in search of the "perfect"skiff for myself,looking at so many directions hard to make a decision.
    Jody

8. CapFear

Thanks. I have a 2004 70hp Yamaha 2 stroke that is going on the back. It is going to sit on a Bob's hydraulic jack plate so I can make the most of that prop pocket.