Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,001 Posts
Hello to all I am a plastics fabricator my is Kalvin Francis and I build boats under DuraPoly Boats. I mostly build commercial boats and occasionally I build recreational boats.
I have built all of my boats out of plastic, a bass boat,16' and 18' flats boat and a 13' sup. View attachment 17923
Looks a lot like fabricating an aluminum boat with shapes and plate stocks with welding, please advise the details of the builds. It appears to be bulletproof ...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like a Bateau FS18 that you're selling without paying Bateau their fee for selling their designs. Not to mention its at least double the weight of a built to plan FS18....
And? Your are allowed to build one off each design. I have built 4 or 5 of there boats only built one of each. your not going to get their designs without paying for them. Any more questions?
I am trying to show my services in plastic fabrication, my boats are far superior to any others out there. Yes they are heaver than most but they are still under the overall weight that they are rated for such as the FS 18 at 1100lbs at 4" draft.

·
Registered
1 Posts
And? Your are allowed to build one off each design. I have built 4 or 5 of there boats only built one of each. your not going to get their designs without paying for them. Any more questions?
I am trying to show my services in plastic fabrication, my boats are far superior to any others out there. Yes they are heaver than most but they are still under the overall weight that they are rated for such as the FS 18 at 1100lbs at 4" draft.
Kalvin I think you are missing the point here. Since you are a Commercial manufacturer you must buy the Commercial Plan set from Bateau to build more than one boat. The FS18 is one of there more popular plans and is one of the best poling skiffs on the water. Bateau is easy to work with so before you build another FS18 get in touch with them. I would also look into bringing down your weight as it is the lightness of the FS18 that makes her so good.

·
Banned
12,342 Posts
Kalvin I think you are missing the point here. Since you are a Commercial manufacturer you must buy the Commercial Plan set from Bateau to build more than one boat. The FS18 is one of there more popular plans and is one of the best poling skiffs on the water. Bateau is easy to work with so before you build another FS18 get in touch with them. I would also look into bringing down your weight as it is the lightness of the FS18 that makes her so good.
I’m pretty sure he stated he has only built one boat from each set of plans and is only doing so to display his services in plastic fabrication. What’s up with so many haters on the internet these days? Let the guy do his thing TrouserTrout! Also, edit your double posts on this member’s thread.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I do build commercial boats and this is not commercial, it is recreational. Its just me in my shop and if you want me to build you a boat then go buy the plans from Bateau or Glen-L and send them to me and I will build it for you, that's if you want a boat to last a life time if not you can go back to your Glass(fragile), wood, rot, rust or corroding materials. I am offering something far more superior than what you can get in the market. I am not looking to build 100's of these a year and I have talked to Bateau in the past about building more than one. And that is my business so please don't mind my business. I am a boat builder not a designer.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I do build commercial boats and this is not commercial, it is recreational. Its just me in my shop and if you want me to build you a boat then go buy the plans from Bateau or Glen-L and send them to me and I will build it for you, that's if you want a boat to last a life time if not you can go back to your Glass(fragile), wood, rot, rust or corroding materials. I am offering something far more superior than what you can get in the market. I am not looking to build 100's of these a year and I have talked to Bateau in the past about building more than one. And that is my business so please don't mind my business. I am a boat builder not a designer.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts