Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone stayed here with their skiff?
I know they have a boat ramp, but it doesn't say if there is mooring available?

Any advice on here or other places to stay in the area would be very much appreciated.

I'd like to make a trip up there sometime in fall with my Superskiff. I have the FMT Chip, but still a little nervous as I've heard all the horror stories about the rocks eating lower units. I am planning on sticking to the FMT tracks while running and only using the trolling motor once I'm off the FMT Tracks.

All tips on areas to fish, places to launch, eat and drink are very much appreciated, this is my first time fishing the area.

Thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
58 Posts
They have a ramp, and a long seawall with cleats right out back of the rooms that everyone ties boats up to. You should have no problem with your skiff.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crystal River has some rocks and lots of oyster bars but they are pretty visible on the chip. south and north of CR is way worse.
So pretty safe to just stick to the FMT Tracks?

·
Bait Hater
584 Posts
I don't have FMT but have fished that area my whole life. The problem with that area is not so much individual rocks. Its a pretty shallow area and most of the bottom is solid rock. So if you accidentally "bump" bottom, it could be pretty costly. Stick to marked channels when running. If wanting to explore, go slow and keep your eyes open.

·
Panhandler
2,714 Posts
The Plantation is nice and fishing/boating friendly. Courteous, accommodating staff. Good fish around, especially reds and trout. Snook are consistent catch with some biggies a possibility, along with some stray tarpon.

The Ice House in Homasassa is a cool spot for steamed shrimp and cold beer. McRaes is a fun place to hang out and people watch on a Sunday afternoon/evening.

Lot of road construction along the main drag, so be sure the skiff is tightly strapped to the trailer.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great information thanks guys, Boat Brain, I'd love to meet up.

I will be sure to let you know once I have confirmed the dates

·
I Love microskiff.com!
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Plantation is nice and fishing/boating friendly. Courteous, accommodating staff. Good fish around, especially reds and trout. Snook are consistent catch with some biggies a possibility, along with some stray tarpon.

The Ice House in Homasassa is a cool spot for steamed shrimp and cold beer. McRaes is a fun place to hang out and people watch on a Sunday afternoon/evening.

Lot of road construction along the main drag, so be sure the skiff is tightly strapped to the trailer.
Snook are my preferred Target but im happy just catching fish, my buddy is a Trout nut so I'd love to find him some of those

1 - 17 of 17 Posts