Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m starting to plan for July and August. I want to travel the gulf coast around to Texas or over to the east side of Florida or south to the keys. I’ll have my boat with me so I’m just wondering if any of you guys were going to plan such a trip, where would you go? I have no timeline or commitments. Just want to escape the Red tide shit and fish different parts of the coast.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,760 Posts
For Texas I'd suggest Port O'Connor or further south like Port Mansfield to fish the Laguna Madre.

·
Brandon, FL
11,801 Posts
The keys are nice but are so crowded becomes a hassle with a trailer.

I would start around Homosassa and go up to Mobile, AL spending most of the time in the desolate big bend area.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My wife suggested that we rent a place in the ENP or Chocoloskee area and fish there for a couple of months. I prefer to travel to see different parts of the Gulf coast all the way to Galveston maybe.

·
Registered
2000 Hewes Bayfisher
63 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
My wife suggested that we rent a place in the ENP or Chocoloskee area and fish there for a couple of months. I prefer to travel to see different parts of the Gulf coast all the way to Galveston maybe.
That's my idea of getting away from everyone and everything. And if a boat or two come into your area it's easy enough to pick up anchor and get further away from people!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
It’s hot here I Texas in July/August. Early am can be good. I’d go all the way to Arroyo City and south if fishing that time of year. Great fishery but vast and a guide is helpful. Have to be able to run super shallow there as well. Capt Ryan Sparrow knows that area well.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It’s hot here I Texas in July/August. Early am can be good. I’d go all the way to Arroyo City and south if fishing that time of year. Great fishery but vast and a guide is helpful. Have to be able to run super shallow there as well. Capt Ryan Sparrow knows that area well.
Thank you for that.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts