Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to bring my Skiff down to Miami for a weekend of fishing, any recommendations for a hotel/resort/VRBO etc to stay where the Skiff will be welcome and relatively secure?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Looking to bring my Skiff down to Miami for a weekend of fishing, any recommendations for a hotel/resort/VRBO etc to stay where the Skiff will be welcome and relatively secure?

Thanks guys
No idea here, but post it up for the rest of us if you find a place. I need a peacock bass vacation soon.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No idea here, but post it up for the rest of us if you find a place. I need a peacock bass vacation soon.
I will for sure, I work down in Miami all the time and hit them from shore but would love to take the Skiff out to hit more water

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any place hotel in coconut grove, courtyard Marriott etc. Nice area and can park truck and trailer on street. Boat ramp 2 minutes away.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Honestly you guys want to stay as far south as possible. Homestead/Cutler Bay area(airbnb houses pretty cheap). From there you can access The Bay and also canals for Cocks without much traffic or ass pain. Let me know if you have any questions I'm down here.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
I always point folks to the Homestead/Florida City area - since I drive through there every day I'm down at Flamingo... You're 25 minutes from the Homestead Bayfront ramps (accessing all of south Biscayne Bay and north Key Largo) you're only 18 to 20 miles from Key Largo by car -and the room rates are a lot cheaper than the Keys...(for night-time restaurants - daytime shopping) - and it's the jumping off place for the run down to Flamingo...

Matter of fact I frequently send out a listing of the places to stay down there to anyone that asks.... It has names, addresses and phone numbers that my customers have found to be okay (and range a bit from el cheapo up to Holiday Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, and Best Western... The Best Western has the best security of any of them with active patrolling security all night long so your boat sits easy...

All I need is an email request to [email protected] and you'll get the list by return email....

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,497 Posts
I stayed at the Best Western in Homestead per Bob's info. I didnt have a boat but i lived to tell about it
by the way, if your a lap swmmer forget their pool

Reactions: Guvner

·
I Love microskiff.com!
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've stayed there with my canoe on trailer and all was good, but canoe was stripped and empty,

Was thinking I would need to nearer for Peas.

Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah definitely don’t street park in the grove. That was one of the most stupid comments I’ve seen here to be honest. Anywhere south east of 72st and 67th ave air bnb would be so much better. And like others have said, fl city homestead but that gets close to some other sketchy neighborhoods. I have a house in Palmetto Bay but it’s rented out till the end of the year. I would recommend air b&b Palmetto Bay, pine crest, or anywhere around there. Avoid Kendall and anything west of us1

·
I Love microskiff.com!
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Honestly you guys want to stay as far south as possible. Homestead/Cutler Bay area(airbnb houses pretty cheap). From there you can access The Bay and also canals for Cocks without much traffic or ass pain. Let me know if you have any questions I'm down here.
PM sent thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts