Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have recommendations for end of March or first of April for place to stay? Doesn't have to be fancy, just clean.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Since you specifically asked about staying on Chokoloskee island and not mainland Everglades city, my suggestion would be parkway motel and marina. The rooms are basic but clean. Marina has slips for rent with dock power for trolling motor batteries etc.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since you specifically asked about staying on Chokoloskee island and not mainland Everglades city, my suggestion would be parkway motel and marina. The rooms are basic but clean. Marina has slips for rent with dock power for trolling motor batteries etc.
Everglades City would be fine, just something in that area. I've always fished the glades from Flamingo and don't know anything about that area.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
Everglades City would be fine, just something in that area. I've always fished the glades from Flamingo and don't know anything about that area.
Outdoor resort is on stilts so unless your boat has a t top it will slid right underneath my 18 ft Action Craft fits. I like to back in at night there isn't much crime there that I know of but I like the fact they would haveto steal the truck to steal the boat. Rooms are decent but I only sleep and fish.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rod and Gun in ec has been restored from the 'cane and is clean.
I checked vacancies on their website awhile back and there were none for the week I wanted. Tried last week to check another time and website was not working.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Both the Ivey House and the Everglades City Motel are a combined operation now... With Glades Haven still down, the few places available in Everglades City and Chokoloskee will be at their highest occupancy.

One alternative, with lots of rooms (and a pretty nice place...) is Port of the Islands, about seven miles west of the turn-off for Everglades City... You can either use their ramp (and do that three mile long idle speed zone) down to Fakahatchee then outside - or simply hook up your rig and trailer back to Choko to be able to launch and run south...

Good luck - let us know where you finally stay and provide a review..... There will be lots of folks reading it... When May first rolls around prices should drop for the summer and there should be lots of places open (excepting weekends until around June...).

Hope this helps... I'm working over there next week and I couldn't find anything cheap enough... since I'm only there to work.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I checked vacancies on their website awhile back and there were none for the week I wanted. Tried last week to check another time and website was not working.
You have to call, they don’t do tech. You can’t even pay with a cc.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
171 Posts
Also check out Airbnb. There are a few nice houses that also have ramps available. Prices are going to be higher around that time do to all the tourist in the area.

·
Registered
2018 Ankona Cayenne
87 Posts
Stayed at Everglades City Motel prior to Irma and it was all you need out of a room. Clean, beds were comfortable, AC got down cold enough to hang beef, and showers were clean and hot. I heard they rebuilt after Irma and it is comparable.

You can back your boat and trailer on the west side of the motel so that it is right outside your back door and allow you to run power to your trolling motor batteries if so equipped. They also provide as much ice as you need. I’m ready to go back again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts