Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna be down there in mid June. Just wondering how the fishing’s been. Haven’t been there since the Red tide. Thanks

·
I Love microskiff.com!
567 Posts
Fishing is tougher than it used to be but there are fish...Tarpon and snook are around in pretty decent numbers. Redfish are pretty tough but still around. Used to be my target fish but rarely dedicate much time to them anymore. Sad but true. I fish Matlacha side for the most part. Rarely venture into the sound so someone else will have to chime in on that front.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fishing is tougher than it used to be but there are fish...Tarpon and snook are around in pretty decent numbers. Redfish are pretty tough but still around. Used to be my target fish but rarely dedicate much time to them anymore. Sad but true. I fish Matlacha side for the most part. Rarely venture into the sound so someone else will have to chime in on that front.
Thanks

·
Registered
684 Posts
Fish are biting but you really have to work for them lately. The recent high winds have the waters in PIS pretty turned up but Matlacha and the Harbor are clear. Bait is everywhere so that may explain some of the slower fishing. Haven’t fished the lower part of the sound in a while but the water looked pretty good while driving out to Sanibel yesterday.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fish are biting but you really have to work for them lately. The recent high winds have the waters in PIS pretty turned up but Matlacha and the Harbor are clear. Bait is everywhere so that may explain some of the slower fishing. Haven’t fished the lower part of the sound in a while but the water looked pretty good while driving out to Sanibel yesterday.
Thanks. We usually fish from Tarpon Bay to Cato Costa

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cayo Costa!!! Damn phone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts