Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm posting my 2017 Deno Flatsfisher. The hull is a modified version of the 16 Bonefisher/Redfisher. It is an extremely lightweight Kevlar build and will accept outboards 40-90 horsepower.

This boat has never been in the water and is in fresh paint (Axalta Imron MS-600). The price is $12,500 as it sits with an aluminum trailer.

The boat will continue to be prepped towards rigging. The price will be adjusted accordingly. The cap is currently white.

Please call or text 386.243.4603 if you have any questions.

Attachments

·
Lowcountry Degen
1,707 Posts
I know there have been several requests for MBG to "bring back the lappy" -- if you have all the legal-ese worked out with respect to the design (and obviously all the other things that go along with starting a boatbuilding company), I think this could be a great opportunity.

Personally, I would love to see a copy of the 16 Redfisher lappy, but maybe a foot narrower and with a shallow deadrise (really anywhere from 2-6 degrees). It wouldn't be the quietest boat out there, but I think it would be a dead sexy skiff.

·
Banned
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I know there have been several requests for MBG to "bring back the lappy" -- if you have all the legal-ese worked out with respect to the design (and obviously all the other things that go along with starting a boatbuilding company), I think this could be a great opportunity.

Personally, I would love to see a copy of the 16 Redfisher lappy, but maybe a foot narrower and with a shallow deadrise (really anywhere from 2-6 degrees). It wouldn't be the quietest boat out there, but I think it would be a dead sexy skiff.
I'm not the builder. The boat was built by Deno Boatworks in Tampa beginning in 2016 with delivery in 2017. I think about a dozen or so have been produced. There is a video on the boatvideoshop YouTube channel. The boat has a few features different than the original Hewes hulls. The bottom has been modified to include a running pad (which also reduces the resting draft a few inches) and partial steps on the rear outer chines. There is also a molded bracket on the back of the boat that provides 10 inches of set-back. There is a permanent 23 gallon aluminum tank in the bow. I bought the hull with plans to rig and run myself, but I have other boat projects that are a bit more important long term so this one needs to go. I will continue fitting out the boat until it sells unless someone makes a reasonable offer beforehand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts