Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Where are you located? I have a place in PCB and an offshore boat at Treasure Island Marina. I haven't brought my skiff down to learn the back bays but know that the redfish and trout fishery is really good. Like you, I am often looking for someone to fish my boat when I'm down there, maybe we could trad some trips.

·
Registered
727 Posts
PM me as I am close to Apalatch and fish most weekends!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
341 Posts
Love that area, used to fish there all thru the 90s. Grew up down the road in Niceville.

St. Joe Bay, Indian Pass, Crooked Island Sound, St. George, Carabelle, Lanark Village.... you are in a good place.

Are the bays/fishing getting back to normal after the storm last year? I know the cities/infrastructure isn't there yet.

·
Panhandler
2,720 Posts
Sea grasses aren't quite as thick as normal in St. George Sound. Still some good fish. Haven't been west of SGI since the storm. Haven't heard yet what the St. Joe park plans to do about the breach along the cape. They had a public meeting a couple weeks ago. Anyone attend or know the outcome?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sea grasses aren't quite as thick as normal in St. George Sound. Still some good fish. Haven't been west of SGI since the storm. Haven't heard yet what the St. Joe park plans to do about the breach along the cape. They had a public meeting a couple weeks ago. Anyone attend or know the outcome?
I read on one of the local news sites that the decision was made to fill the breach and make repairs to the Park. The article went on to say that authorities had determined the breach was filling in naturally and has done so at an accelerated rate since the hurricane.

Reactions: Zika

·
Panhandler
2,720 Posts
Still haven't been west of Carrabelle along the coast, but drove I-10 a couple times. Shocking to see the devastation to the trees. Hard to recognize where you're at sometimes.

Glad to hear they are filling in the breach. Makes more sense than building a bridge and should keep the salinity levels in the bay more normal.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,433 Posts
I read on one of the local news sites that the decision was made to fill the breach and make repairs to the Park. The article went on to say that authorities had determined the breach was filling in naturally and has done so at an accelerated rate since the hurricane.
The pass on St Joe peninsula has filled in.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Still haven't been west of Carrabelle along the coast, but drove I-10 a couple times. Shocking to see the devastation to the trees. Hard to recognize where you're at sometimes.

Glad to hear they are filling in the breach. Makes more sense than building a bridge and should keep the salinity levels in the bay more normal.
everything is fine...but the road is torn up pretty bad makes the drive from carabelle to aplach pretty rough

1 - 15 of 15 Posts