SOLD/EXPIRED Pathfinder 17T for sale or trade

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Vertigo, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Vertigo

Vertigo Carpe Diem

1998 Pathfinder 17T tunnel hull skiff powered by a 2001 50 hp Yamaha 2 stroke engine. 4 blade stainless Power Tec prop and spare three blade, almost new Minn Kota RT iPilot remote control trolling motor, Lowrance GPS/chartplotter/fishfinder, dual batteries. This boat is very clean and well maintained. It comes with full covers for the boat and motor. Deck and hull are solid, with custom, professionally done reinforcements to stringers, gunnels and transom. A very solid and reliable setup. Although the early morning sunlight makes the hull look light yellow, the actual hull color is oyster-shell white. This skiff runs just about as shallow as an airboat and will get to where the big reds are when no one else can. The motor sips gas and can pop the boat out onto a plane in less than a foot of water. Comes with a 2004 galvanized trailer with spare tire. Trailer is in excellent condition. Titles in hand and clear. I will demo the boat if you top off the tank. More photos are available, just ask. Call 352 388 3097 for more info. Cell 352 477 0078.

Photos and info here: http://ocala.craigslist.org/boa/3050546860.html

I'm selling this boat because I need something just a little bit larger for family trips. A flats boat about 18ft that fishes two comfortably and can carry four that is rigged and powered for redfish tournament fishing is my goal. Got one you want to trade? I can make up the difference in cash. Call me.

2. birdwelljax

birdwelljax I Love microskiff.com!

Good looking skiff! Good luck with the sale.

3. SaltFactory

SaltFactory I Love microskiff.com!

That is a clean side console 17t if I've ever seen one. How many hours are on the motor? Also how does it handle chop? I definitely am interested. I live in Jacksonville so I could take a ride west to see the boat possibly this weekend.

4. Vertigo

Vertigo Carpe Diem

I'm not sure how many hours on the motor, but I can say that it has run flawlessly for me and has been well maintained. The multifunction tach/gauge shows about 40 hours, but it's a newer gauge. A 17T is designed for one purpose, and that's to run shallow. It does not like chop. It will handle typical afternoon bay chop, but you will have to slow down and make use of the tabs. If you run a lot in rough water, it's not the boat for you.

5. SaltFactory

Thanks for that information. My fishing routinely consists of going into protected salt creeks and the intercoastal. There are a few occasions where I find myself having to make a run across the body of the river to get to the other side into the creeks, and normally there is wind chop no more than 1 foot and the occasional boat wake that I would have to tackle.

All in all, the boat would probably see more shallow protected water than rough seas.

Can you list the list of options the boat has? I did not know it had tabs until you mentioned it. Thanks!

6. Vertigo

Vertigo Carpe Diem

The boat does have Lenco trim tabs. Other than what you can see in the photos, it has dual bilge pumps, a basic Lowrance color chartplotter/fishfinder, electric motor tilt/trim, push pole mounts, but no pushpole, 18 gallon aluminum baffled gas tank with a fuel gauge on the tank. There is a 12volt accessory jack. The trolling motor has one remote. The cockpit deck is covered with SeaDeck which can be easily removed for cleaning. The seat pad and seat back are new and in excellent condition.

7. dacuban1

dacuban1 Well-Known Member

what speeds are u getting with the 50? thx

8. braces43

braces43 I Love microskiff.com!

Any livewell? Could you please send more pictures to tfischer@ec.rr.com? Thanks

9. Vertigo

Vertigo Carpe Diem

The 17T isn't a speedster. With a 4-blade PowerTec prop, it jumps on a plane in very shallow water with little or no cavitation, but the top end is a little less than 30mph in the best of conditions. The boat will go 3 or 4 mph faster with a 3-blade, but there is more cavitation. I'm also now running 10% ethanol, and with the non-ethanol, I seem to pick up another 2 or 3 mph.

10. jsanchez

jsanchez Well-Known Member

Asoon as I can sell my boats, if still for sale im jumpin on it... :cool:

11. Vertigo

Vertigo Carpe Diem

New boat is here, and the 17T has to go. I'll deal on the trolling motor, fish finder and accessories if you don't want them. $6500 without the extras.

12. SaltFactory

What model trolling motor is it? SP or ST and what LB thrust? I'm planning on checking this 17t out this weekend!

13. Vertigo

Vertigo Carpe Diem

The trolling motor is a Riptide SP 55/i-Pilot. It pulls the boat at about 2.7mph max and runs all day on a single 12 volt battery. The motor is mounted on an RTA-17 quick release bracket, and will come with a charger and connections. The motor plug is about the best you can buy, and alone cost about $70. Total retail value of the trolling motor and associated equipment is about $1350. The motor is less than a year old and does come with the i-Pilot remote.

14. SaltFactory

I think I'll be headed your way tomorrow... are you available?

15. Vertigo

Vertigo Carpe Diem

Just give a call. I'll be around all day.

16. SaltFactory

Which accessories other than fish finder and trolling motor arent included in the 6500 price tag?

17. Vertigo

Vertigo Carpe Diem

Trolling motor, trolling motor battery and charger, trolling motor quick release mount, trolling motor plug, fish finder, miscellaneous safety, coolers, and dock gear would not be included for the $6500 price.

18. Vertigo

Vertigo Carpe Diem

New link to photos: http://ocala.craigslist.org/boa/3074981089.html

More info here:
    http://gainesville.craigslist.org/boa/3074969365.html

19. Vertigo

Vertigo Carpe Diem

The boat is sold. Thanks all for your interest.

20. Congrats on the sale! That was one beautiful pathfinder!