Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
BBA Counselor
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like they do have one 18 that will be in the auction. Kinda ugly color imo, and you need to be able to get it out of there.
They don't seem to have the 18 mold from the looks of it, which is to bad, I might have showed up for it. Only interesting things to me are the consoles, but I think one of the competitors will be there snatching up all the smaller easily stored stuff.

·
Registered
110 Posts
A lot of cool stuff in there. Wish I had the funds/time to finish out that 23. Looks like Lot 9 has everything you need for the 18 mold?

·
BBA Counselor
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A lot of cool stuff in there. Wish I had the funds/time to finish out that 23. Looks like Lot 9 has everything you need for the 18 mold?
Ha, I missed that. I thought it was for the liners only. I'll have to think about it. I don't have a place to store it, and I'm still recovering from surgery so I can't do the heavy lifting. How much you think it would go for?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
981 Posts
Sad story- the dude Rob sold it to was really pretty sketchy and drove the place into the ground.

That being said, there's evidently some guys who have capital behind them who plan on buying a lot of stuff and starting over with some old Panga Marine employees.

·
BBA Counselor
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a feeling that was going to happen. He will be getting a business for pennies on the dollar.

·
Registered
2019 Jackson Mayfly, Jackson Kilroy DT
764 Posts
Sad story- the dude Rob sold it to was really pretty sketchy and drove the place into the ground.

That being said, there's evidently some guys who have capital behind them who plan on buying a lot of stuff and starting over with some old Panga Marine employees.
I never did pull the plug on a Panga Marine build , but Rob was always great with info and insight! I hope that someone will be able to resurrect the company or at least continue with building the boats.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
I might send a mole and bid on the 18 molds, gelcoat and chop guns, and a few other items!

Reactions: jackson man

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Certainly!
I am mostly interested in the resin/gel guns and compressors. Molds are too pricey when others want them but will be watching anyway.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I went to the Aquasport auction way back in the 80s. Half of the stuff was roped off into huge lots that only the big boys could bid on. The outboards weren’t available, going back to the supplier. No hulls, just molds. Drove home very disappointed.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Yes. The 23
Ok, I’m seeing gel/resin guns in a couple pics but not on any of the lots. Will have to call them. My guy is ready to make the trip for me and purchase if they are within reach! I would like to get my hands on that 18’ mold set also, see how it goes I guess. Good luck on the 23!🤘🏻

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,168 Posts
Their consoles always seems pretty cheap and flimsy compared to a lot of other just as an FYI firecat.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
These are really cool boats - hopefully someone will get the molds and continue to build them.

I've spent a ton of time fishing true pangas in the Caribbean - always amazes me how shallow they float and the seas they can handle. They ain't the easiest to pole with strong wind though!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts