Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Curmudgeon Emeritus
1998 Egret C/K 167
5,258 Posts
If you can find the fuel sending unit there may be a tag or label near that on the tank with the build specs.

sample for illustration purposes only.
Rectangle Font Gas Electric blue Event

·
Registered
396 Posts
The tank has the info on it if you can see the plate through inspection hole, ive found 38 and 49 gallons ,my neighbor has that same hull i ask him waiting for reply hes old like me LOL prolly dont remember 😆 my paper work on the 22 DIY HULL doesn't have gallons listed but i had plenty of fuel for all day with a 115 xb yamaha 👍you will love the boat long as you respect panga speed which is cruising around 25-27 mpg mine ran a touch over 40 WOT But it had to be slick .neighbor said it was supposed to be 30 so probably the 38 gallon tank.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Same hull 👍😎
Hah I'm am old as well. It definitely rides than my Action Craft for sure. I am still playing with the Porta Bracket and you're correct mid 20s is perfect fuel efficiency and cruising speed. I have had it up to 38 but it almost doubled the fuel consumption it's a perfect complement to the Gladesman I am very blessed.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not being critical, but that sure looks narrow and a small transom for a 22 footer. I've been on 22 ft Pangas in Mexico and seems to me they were a lot bigger than that.
All Pangas are narrow that's why they're fuel efficient. It was built by Panga Marine in Sarasota. I have a Gladesman as well so tippinness is much of an issue.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Being narrow helps with fuel efficiency, but the delta pad is probably the biggest contributor to fuel efficiency, .the delta pad is a lifting plane, reducing drag, so improving hull efficiency👍helping it to run on small hp motors, 70 hp on a 25 foot hull is common, over in Mexico you will find them with 40 hp Enduro's ect...pangas are really cool boats the delta pad also gives tbe hull the ability to beach upright,while the curved stern helps with pushing it back in the water....

·
Registered
180 Posts
I dug out some of my old pictures and the Pangas Were narrower than I recalled. Sorry 'bout that. Riding in them, they seemed much larger.....and it's been 15 years ago. Good excuses, eh ?? 😒

1 - 20 of 31 Posts