Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had this boat for a few years and really enjoy it. I didn’t like the bench seats and was going to sell it and get something else. I put a new 25hp Yamaha on it and the cost of new boats made me decide to rebuild it. I cut out all the bench seats and got it down basically to a bare hull. I wanted to keep it simple with a flat floor and casting deck in front and back. So far I’m really liking the way it’s turned out. I need to finish rigging it but I think it’s going to be exactly what I envisioned.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It’s all made out of 3/4 carbon core to keep the weight down. I’m planning on adding aqua deck or Seadek to the floor and maybe a grab bar that holds a cooler.

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,994 Posts
Man that looks great. Keep pictures coming

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven’t had much time to work on it and the weather has been bad. I got the front hatch installed. Fuel line run to the front storage. Nav lights are wired. installed the bilge and couldn’t find a good way to run the hose. There was already a hole for the thru hull above he rear deck so I had to pass the hose thru the deck to the thru hull. Mounted the 25hp Yamaha today and wired the switches for the Nav lights and bilge. Just waiting on the switch panel and the Yamaha fuel line connectors before putting it in the water.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3 Posts
I have the same boat And power, and am going to be following a similar layout soon. Looks nice! im thinking about adding a taller, larger casting platform on the rear deck as a removable poling platform.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the same boat And power, and am going to be following a similar layout soon. Looks nice! im thinking about adding a taller, larger casting platform on the rear deck as a removable poling platform.
‘I thought about making the deck level with the top of the gunnel but I have never used the boat for poling. I ran the boat yesterday and put it on my lift and it ran great. I was concerned the balance might be off on it but it might run better now. It also doesn’t seem as “tippy”. I’m waiting on a grab bar and putting aqua deck on it. Also waiting for a switch panel and some flush mount rods holder and hopefully done after that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Finished the wiring and switch panel. An Odyssey PC625 is in the rear compartment. i think I’m changing my mind on the Aqua Deck and going to put Kiwigrip on instead. Waiting on the welder for the grab bar. Probably 4-6 week wait for it.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
838 Posts
Nice to see another panga on here. What does the yamaha push the 14 to? I have a 17.5 ft panga but I think they are same width.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mid to high 20s WOT at about 5700 with it. I should probably drop a pitch on the prop. I added a Bob’s Machine Shop stabilized plate to it to get it to plane at lower speeds and it dropped the top end about 4 mph. Used to hit 28-29mph without it. I cruise around 4400 at about 23mph most the time.

·
Lowcountry Degen
2021 Conchfish 17.8
1,787 Posts
That looks great! If I ever do another build, I would do a similar interior finish. Love the functionality and utilitarian look. I also like the deck being slightly lower than the sheer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got the grab bar back from the welder. Turned out exactly as I hoped. Yeti 35 fits good but I would like to put a 45 there. Waiting on Aqua marine traction for the floor. Also planning on doing a tiller handle extension.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts