Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Dont know that area but since you're 16 lemme give you some good advice: get a Roth IRA when you turn 18 and put away money every month in it. Keep this up and by the time you're as old as most of us, you'll have enough $$$ to fish tarpon anywhere in the world. Wish someone woulda told me this 30 years ago...
Great advice except for one thing. If things keep going the way they are in 30 years no tarpon will eat a fly....lol.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Just go out the cut an hour before sunrise, turn left and anchor up with a ball and slip knot/quick release. Do a little recon with some Binos and figure out what depth they are sticking to during certification times of the day. Stick w/ black/purple ep minnows or toads. Ditch the roach pattern. They not hammering shrimp there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Run around until you see a boat on anchor with a skull painted on his anchor float, set up right by him. He’ll probably invite you to the beach.
Just saw this lol I prefer not to get on the bad side of someone like David magnum been watching his videos for forever now.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Pay attention to a few things
My opinion is that Fly Fishing (and to be successful) you need to learn the habits of the fish you are targeting, (like hunting). The behavior of your prey, what they eat, when, where as well as the temps it prefers, etc etc etc.... which changes depending on the time of year. Once you know it's habits your chances grow to the catching side.

BTW,
it's "habits" may coincide the the habits of other fish/shrimp etc...
It's really like business, figure out what makes it work and go for it.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts