Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im trying to get ready for my second attempt at hunting a marsh, I dont have a blind n dont wanna invest money in the jon because im wanting to get a bit bigger of a boat or a kayak for that so im not using my skiff as well to hunt. (jon was free n in my back yard so can't complain) how would you attach palmettos to the jon boat as an impromptu blind?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,605 Posts
So im trying to get ready for my second attempt at hunting a marsh, I dont have a blind n dont wanna invest money in the jon because im wanting to get a bit bigger of a boat or a kayak for that so im not using my skiff as well to hunt. (jon was free n in my back yard so can't complain) how would you attach palmettos to the jon boat as an impromptu blind?
You can add a rail to the rubrail part of your jon and stuff the fronds thru it. It can be wood, aluminum or PVC as in this example (just drill more holes in the pvc so you can stick more fronds thru it)
rub rail pvc.JPG

·
Brandon, FL
10,976 Posts
Since the season ends tomorrow just cut the stems long and lay them over the boat and go.

However, if you are hunting a marsh you are trying to Camo up with vegetation that is most likely not present.

Where are you hunting? Lots of birds in the bay.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
341 Posts
Palmettos disappear into cattails.
I angle mine inwards to cover me, and use large cabbage palm fronds.
No brand-name manufactured type even comes close to disappearing into the FL as this.

fb03c4aa-b0a5-4967-9446-42531d819a33_zps4e1e4a30.JPG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts