Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,

I will be in Palm Bay visiting a buddy mid-October. Would any of you be able to recommend a good charter to book? We are both north-Floridians and unfamiliar with the area, although he is already finding the fish down there after just moving to the area. Looking for a good spinning/fly guide.

Also, will the Snook still be there that late in the year?

·
Registered
15 Posts
There's two I follow on FB/Instagram; Southern Thunder Charters, and a Capt Jeff Trafton (fishlocalwaters) that are out of Sebastion. Both seem to do qutie well and seem to be friendly. I have not booked a trip with either of them though. If I wasn't out of the country I would offer to take you guys out, when I get back around mid october the offer will still be on the table.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, I really appreciate the charter info and the possible invite. We should be trying to fish anywhere around October 12-16th. If anything, we can snag a beer if you are back in town, I am sure my buddy would want to meet folks since he is newer to the area.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Awesome, I really appreciate the charter info and the possible invite. We should be trying to fish anywhere around October 12-16th. If anything, we can snag a beer if you are back in town, I am sure my buddy would want to meet folks since he is newer to the area.
Yeah I'm down for that. I pretty much fish solo or with my little one which can be fun but a handful.

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
Mullet run should be in full swing. Have had some epic days down there in years past just wading around inside the inlet and on the beach.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey this is Capt. Jeff Trafton with Local Waters. I fish Sebastian through Palm Bay. October is a great time to fish as its the tail end of the mullet run and can be a lot of action with plenty of snook still in the flats. I specialize in light tackle spin fishing and Fly Fishing. Please give me a call anytime and we can talk fishing. 321-266-2575 fishlocalwaters.com

Capt. Jeff
fishlocalwaters.com

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey this is Capt. Jeff Trafton with Local Waters. I fish Sebastian through Palm Bay. October is a great time to fish as its the tail end of the mullet run and can be a lot of action with plenty of snook still in the flats. I specialize in light tackle spin fishing and Fly Fishing. Please give me a call anytime and we can talk fishing. 321-266-2575 fishlocalwaters.com

Capt. Jeff
fishlocalwaters.com
Awesome, thanks Jeff. I will definitely be calling you soon. Just need to get my buddy's schedule nailed down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts