Outboard charging system???

Discussion in 'Outboard Maintenance' started by HighSide25, Mar 13, 2012.

1. HighSide25

HighSide25 Well-Known Member

Okay, So I purchased and installed a rectifier for a 2 stroke 40hp outboard. Got it all hooked up and the voltometer reads that IS charging the battery. My question, not sure if this has been proved or not, but do i need anything else to have my outboard charge the battery(thinking regulator???) or is it good to go?

I dont want to ruin the battery.

My battery is a Dekka AGM 27 group and powers (at any given time) a CMC 35, Lenco Trim Tabs, 300 watt Pyle sterio, 55# trolling motor, GPS Garmin 441s, VHF radio, nav lights, stern light, bilge pump, and a livewell.

I am also reliogous about charging my battery at home before and after each trip, but sometimes on 2-4 day ventures it simply isnt enough to last, hence the rectifier.

Thanks!

2. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Depends on the model/horsepower of outboard and the output amperage.

http://books.google.com/books?id=hBI87YlgzdoC&pg=PA95&lpg=PA95&dq=wiring+diagram+outboard+charging+system&source=bl&ots=Xp_9Ld5JTf&sig=hdCJy_Qjmu6C9W3Hi_HFgQAqqXg&hl=en&sa=X&ei=_jRfT9afF5Higgfi-JiWCA&ved=0CHgQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=wiring%20diagram%20outboard%20charging%20system&f=false