Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Just read through the entire thread! Great design and you are doing it right! Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: jackson man

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Thank you. Took a little break in the middle of the build but have been making a lot of headway lately.

I’m hoping the front deck turns out nice being higher than the back deck. Should be unique.
YW, I think the raised front deck with that “Carolina” look will look real good! But then again, I am a sucker for a Carolina boat!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello Jeremiah,

Thank you for posting your build here. At the moment this is my favorite plans built design. I will follow this intently. Incidently, did Timm refer you to any specific books before you began? His statements on the Osprey 18 webpage indicate this is a useful idea in view of how he designed the hull. Please let me know as I need to look into the availability of these references.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 · (Edited)
Hello Jeremiah,

Thank you for posting your build here. At the moment this is my favorite plans built design. I will follow this intently. Incidently, did Timm refer you to any specific books before you began? His statements on the Osprey 18 webpage indicate this is a useful idea in view of how he designed the hull. Please let me know as I need to look into the availability of these references.
Here are the books I read about boat building. Both are good reference books. I didn’t use west system epoxy but the process is the same.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
I built a Barnegat Bay Sneakboat 20+ years ago. When I got it to the stage that you’re at in these pictures, I almost didn’t have the heart to paint it camo! I used Honduran mahogany and it just looked like a piece of furniture!
Its hard to think about covering it all up but can’t wait to finish it up and get it on the water.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts