Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with this rod? Thinking using for medium weighted flys cast at short distances in off color water for redfish.

Joe

·
Registered
662 Posts
I’m not familiar with that specific rod, but I have an 8’ 8wt BAG from Echo and it’s a really fun rod. I got it for short shots at redfish but primarily use it for snook and tarpon in tight mangrove canals, mosquito ditches, and dock lights.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the Orvis, an epic 888 ,and the BAG from Echo. They are all different animals, but as far as the arrives goes, I would say it has the feel of a 6wt, the accuracy of a 8wt, but it has a ridiculous amount of backbone. In fact it was the first rod I threw a whole fly line with. Having thrown both the $900 epic, and the $430 arrives, they aren't much different in terms of cast ability and feel, but the Epic has a little more refined blank, as well as some more "Luxuries" that make the rod pop. The Orvis rods are made about an hour from my primary residence, and I can attest to the craftsman ship that the men and women at the rod shop put into each rod, every rod that comes out of that shop is guaranteed to be one you'll love, and if you buy one you don't love. Let me know and i will gladly buy it off of you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts