Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed to Orlando in early Feb for a work trip and would love some input on what to target on the fly and where for that time of year.

I'm out of Texas and love chasing reds, would be happy to get into anything salty while I am out there. I'm fine with an hour or two drive to the coast.

DIY suggestions or guide recommendations would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
Trent

·
You got to get burned to learn
457 Posts
East Coast (ML and IRL): Capt Jonathan Moss. - Go Castaway Fishing Charters. He is on here somewhere but don't remember his screen name.
West Coast (Crystal River): Capt Adam Whitson - Riding the Tide Charters, Can't remember if Adam is on here.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
East Coast (ML and IRL): Capt Jonathan Moss. - Go Castaway Fishing Charters. He is on here somewhere but don't remember his screen name.
West Coast (Crystal River): Capt Adam Whitson - Riding the Tide Charters, Can't remember if Adam is on here.
Thanks csnaspuck, will check these guys out!

·
Panhandler
2,683 Posts
Capt. Mark Benson in Orlando. Several options and he is a certified casting instructor, very astute guide with a good sense of humor.

American shad on the St. Johns near Titusville
Reds, black drum, trout in Mosquito Lagoon
Trophy largemouth bass at the Ritz Carlton

www.markbensonoutdoors.com

·
Registered
'04 HB Devilray Merc 25 HP
1,029 Posts
Another potential guide for Mosquito lagoon is Avery Gillet @currentoutdoors. He put me on fish and I got my PB at the time with him! That red almost got into the backing!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Capt. John Turcot, Justin Price, Chris Adams if you're in the lagoon. Hard to go wrong and they are legit fly guides who respect the resource and are permitted to guide in MINWR which is important.
Is Turcott back from Alaska? I will second Justin Price. Very nice guy and truly loves this ecosystem. Willy Le with Native Fly is excellent as well. Any of those three know this place as well as anyone.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I personally know and have fished with Willy Le and Rick Worman with Flat Line Guides Service. I fish with Rick quite a bit chasing reds, tarpons and snook...he's very knowledgeable on the water from Mosquito Lagoon all the way down to Sebastian Inlet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts