Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at replacing my '98 Merc 75hp on my bass boat with an Opti Max 75. Anyone have any input?
I do not want to change to Yammi or ETec, want to use the same controls, so I'm just interested in the Merc.
Anyone own one?

·
Won "Do More With Less" Award!
1,715 Posts
Looking at replacing my '98 Merc 75hp on my bass boat with an Opti Max 75. Anyone have any input?
I do not want to change to Yammi or ETec, want to use the same controls, so I'm just interested in the Merc.
Anyone own one?
IF U LOOKING AT BRAND NEW 75HP OPTIMAX THEN GO FOR IT!!!

I HAD A FRIEND WITH A 190TX BASSTRACKER WITH 90HP OPTIMAX FOR 2 YEARS AND LOVES IT!!!!! BETTER FUEL MILEAGE AS A 4-STROKE AND QUIET TOO!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found a dealer that wants 7300 for one with free installation, and will take my old one in on trade, or sell it for me.

·
Won "Do More With Less" Award!
1,715 Posts
u can ask www.floridasportsman.com/forum and u will get a better feedback from them.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Those optis are bullet proof. i ran them on a commercial sword-fishing boat for 2 years and the only problem i had was an ignition switch. nothing major i believe we put OVER 2800 hours on them and they started up evey time. The 75 through the 115 are the same power head and they are really quiet. I currently work at a marina in Pompano Beach and anyone that has one says nothing but good about them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts