Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a skiff that can float in 6". 16ft is ideal but up to 18ft is ok. Keeping around or below $20k is my goal. What do you suggest I look for? I fish the gulf coast primarily around horseshoe beach/steinhatchee. I would like something that can handle a mild chop for longer runs on windy days. Poling ability isn't a big deal as I usually just run the trolling motor. Speed is a plus

·
Registered
424 Posts
The Ankona/salt marsh line would fit your specs and budget. You can have a new skiff or slightly used in that range. The 6” part depends on how much you put on them

·
I Love microskiff.com!
462 Posts
You might consider a used Bossman Skimmer. It will float in 6" and run in less. I was in one over at Steinhatchee on a negative low tide and a northeast wind where bars were exposed miles out in the Gulf. It was nice to be in that boat. It doesn't do great in the chop, but you can usually run the inside and the chop isn't so bad.

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2,936 Posts
I'm looking for a skiff that can float in 6". 16ft is ideal but up to 18ft is ok. Keeping around or below $20k is my goal. What do you suggest I look for? I fish the gulf coast primarily around horseshoe beach/steinhatchee. I would like something that can handle a mild chop for longer runs on windy days. Poling ability isn't a big deal as I usually just run the trolling motor. Speed is a plus
The Salt Marsh 1656 sound like it would be in your wheelhouse. PM sent

Reactions: windblows

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,001 Posts
Talk to boat brains he has a skiff

·
Registered
930 Posts
Also look at Skimmer Skiff!! You can get a nice new skiff in that price range. They are well built boats with great customer service. Also has a significantly less wait than Ankona/Saltmarsh. Floats in less than 6in.(Depending on how you rig it). My 16.6 loaded with many extra options wasn't much more than 20k. Feel free to PM me for any questions.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Also look at Skimmer Skiff!! You can get a nice new skiff in that price range. They are well built boats with great customer service. Also has a significantly less wait than Ankona/Saltmarsh. Floats in less than 6in.(Depending on how you rig it). My 16.6 loaded with many extra options wasn't much more than 20k. Feel free to PM me for any questions.
Also a great option although I think we’re both a little biased haha the 16 is definitely lighter and shallower than the advent but it’s a bit of a rougher ride, depends on what is most important

·
I Love microskiff.com!
135 Posts

·
Premium Member
627 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
How's the Skimmer holding up?
How does she handle in chop (1'-2')?
How's the Suzuki holding up?
Nice boat.

All good, iv since added a power pole micro, lenco trim tabs and a couple of other things, gets plenty of use and handles chop pretty well. Suzuki engine is holding up great, no issues, gets up on plane fast. Probably going to upgrade it to the suzuki 60hp sometime in the next couple of months.

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
All good, iv since added a power pole micro, lenco trim tabs and a couple of other things, gets plenty of use and handles chop pretty well. Suzuki engine is holding up great, no issues, gets up on plane fast. Probably going to upgrade it to the suzuki 60hp sometime in the next couple of months.
Any floor separation?
Thanks for the reply and yes agreed on the 60hp-good comment.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts