Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with dual power poles do you go with one programmed remote for both poles or do you have a remote for each power pole.

I just picked up my new boat which has 2 power poles. The boat builder did not program the remotes so they each work independent of each other. I was thinking of leaving them as is so I don't deploy both power poles at the same time.

What say you all

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beavertail Vengeance and Tampa Bay

·
FlounderPounder
1,239 Posts
Sync them both. The advantage of having two is the ability to stop the boat from spinning. When I pull up to a spot I like pulling right up and being set. If poling, it keeps you in the same direction you were heading so you don’t have to spin around and get back on course. Sometimes that’s the difference between plucking another fish out of a flat and it swimming off

·
Registered
69 Posts
@PeteS The Advanced Dash Remote Switch will give you the option to deploy the left or right as long as both poles are synced to that remote. You can also adjust the speed.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Ed I did not know that, thats why I come to you guys

Reactions: OED

·
Registered
616 Posts
My sons 25 Pathy has dual power poles.. he has switches on the dash, and also the upper control station, plus a single remote.. the dash switches, upper control station switches operate the pole independantly, but he has only 1 remote and I think it deploys both poles at the same time..
He has another remote to operate the trolling motor, and a 3rd hanging around his neck no idea what the 3rd remote does.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The foot switches work great if you have too many remotes
My sons 25 Pathy has dual power poles.. he has switches on the dash, and also the upper control station, plus a single remote.. the dash switches, upper control station switches operate the pole independantly, but he has only 1 remote and I think it deploys both poles at the same time..
He has another remote to operate the trolling motor, and a 3rd hanging around his neck no idea what the 3rd remote does.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts