SOLD/EXPIRED Once again, 14ft. Johnsen Skiff..

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by SClay115, Dec 5, 2010.

1. SClay115

SClay115 Throwin' loops

Okay, I tried my best, but unfortunately I don't think the boat will be able to stay with me. I have been trying to get myself into a less expensive car, but just can't seem to unload it. It is what it is so to speak. If I cannot find a good home for it, I will find other ways to get by, but when the going gets tough, sometimes you have to trim the fat.

It is, after all, only a boat, and I can always buy another. So, without more babbling, here is the information.

Basics: 14ft Johnsen skiff, mid eighties build
    Highlander trailer, same vintage
    25hp Evinrude two stroke outboard, '72, rebuilt and restored, runs fantastic

Only considering selling it since I don't have the chance to use it as often as I would like, and I'd honestly rather see it go to someone who can. That is simply the only reason, it doesn't have holes, the trailer isn't going to self-destruct, the outboard isn't going to jump off the transom into the water. I just hate seeing the boat sit there doing nothing, it's too good of a craft for that.

Okay, so I've had the boat since this past spring, purchased it after having owned a Gheenoe, wanting a wider, roomier boat, and I got just that. The previous owner completely went through this boat, outboard, and trailer, everything is in great condition. I couldn't believe it when I saw it, and most people who see the boat at the launch are stunned by the condition. So, let's get to some details.

So far as the hull goes:

14 foot Johnsen hull, flat bottom with strakes that run about halfway along the bottom of the hull

Inside restored with new paint, white with blue webbing, also some sort of grip promoting(increased footing) material mixed into the finish wherever there is not SeaDek

Seadek on the front and rear benches

Bow mount, foot controlled trolling motor, Minn-Kota

Front storage locker, with a SeaDek pad inside, where I store the anchor and dock lines

Battery mounted up front, wiring run through tubing on the starboard side of the hull, very clean, blends into the hull

Two center storage compartments, you can see how this is setup in the photos, the cooler is included with the sale and fits perfectly in between the two compartments. Starboard compartment contains all the electrics, the 120v inverter is not on the boat at the moment, I have no use for it, but it is included with the sale.

Rod holders on the rear of each compartment

Hummingbird fish finder

Bilge pump, manual control only, switch mounted on rear of starboard compartment

CMC jackplate, this is a SERIOUS piece of hardware

All stainless hardware, cleats, brackets, latches

Not shown in the photos is the included bimini top. I never run with it, as it is primarily a fishing boat for me, but it is included

Also not shown is the push pole, with clips(will discuss this later in the ad)

Trailer:

Highlander trailer, does the job just fine

Rollers, carpet, other hardware new when boat was restored

Bearing buddies(as if any trailer should NOT have these)

LED lamps

PVC guides

1 7/8" ball mount

It isn't some flashy wildly expensive trailer, but it does the job just fine. I can launch and retrieve this boat without even putting the hubs in the water. Will slide right off the bunks, and the boat is so light, pulling it up with the winch is no sweat.

1972 25hp Evinrude "Sportster" outboard:

Don't let the year fool you. This isn't some barn find, rusty old engine stuck onto the back of the boat. It's been gone through, cleaned up, resealed, and runs great

Starts up fairly easy, occasionally cold starts can be a bit tricky, but once running and warmed up, it is a great little motor

Recent impeller(within the last few months, haven't run it much since installed), only swapped out since I wanted to know when exactly it was done last, and I worry too much

Prop is the factory 9x9, moves the boat pretty good, could probably use a bit more pitch, but it works fine for me

Anti-porpoise plate, does it's job like it should

Tiller extension, as seen in the photos, the difference now is that it is wrapped in blue nylon cord, looks pretty neat, and makes it a bit easier to hold

A really solid engine, and simple. In my opinion, simple is good. Under the cowl it isn't a mess of wires, making any issues you would run into very simple to figure out, and with the same basic engine design used for many years, parts are easy to get and arrive quickly

The boat will run in very little water, previous owned estimated it would run in about 6-8", and will float in about 4" with the motor up. I have no idea how to measure this, but I'll bet it is pretty close. And it will float quietly in very little water, if you are stalking wary fish you know how important this can be. With three people on board it will get up on plane, but obviously will not run as quick as it does with two, I have no real accurate speed measurements, but honestly, I never cared, I didn't buy it to be a speed boat, all I know is it gets me there. With the most flat bottom hull, it IS a bit rough in chop, and you will probably get wet. There is no sense in hiding this, so I wanted to say it outright, but that is the price you sometimes pay for getting skinny(on a budget at least). I had considered some spray rails or deflectors, but never got around to it, if I keep it, perhaps. Tracks well, turns very well, not as much side stepping as you'd expect.

Overall, a good little boat in great condition. Fresh, salt, whatever your choice, I have used it in both. It is not perfect, it has some scratches, paint chips, I mean, it is a boat, not a museum piece, but nothing serious. Now brings me to some other details. For very close to my asking price, you will get every damn thing relating to this boat I have. This includes, but is not limited to:

An entire extra engine, in pieces, for spares
    Four life jackets
    Extra trailer parts
    Another cooler
    Both the 6, and 3 gallon fuel tanks
    LOTS of stainless hardware
    Cast net
    Fenders
    Net
    Wooden push pole and clips(already installed on boat)
    the list goes on, it's a fair amount of stuff.

I'd rather see it all go to someone who can use it all, than for it to just sit around waiting to be sold piece by piece. But depending on pricing, parts can be removed from the sale if need be. But again, keep in mind I am not hurting to sell this thing, if it doesn't meet my pricing expectations, then it stays with me. I would also consider trades relating to kayaks, or a 13 foot Gheenoe, both, however, would probably need some cash put on top of the trade. Both of these options would allow me to store them at my place, make transporting them easier(my Volvo tows okay, but really doesn't like towing the Johnsen), therefore, hopefully allowing me to get more use out of them, in theory that is...

Email is the best way to get a hold of me, ask any questions you may have through there, and I will respond. If you want to come check out the boat, keep in mind I will have to go get it from the storage spot and bring it to the house, so I need a bit of a heads up. Also, relay any photo requests through my email as well, but here are a few to get you an idea of the boat. Also, photobucket link to some larger photos: http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/sclay115/Johnsen%20Skiff/

Thanks for reading.

2. SClay115

SClay115 Throwin' loops

This didn't all fit in one post, so here is more:

I'd rather see it all go to someone who can use it all, than for it to just sit around waiting to be sold piece by piece. But depending on pricing, parts can be removed from the sale if need be. But again, keep in mind I am not hurting to sell this thing, if it doesn't meet my pricing expectations, then it stays with me. I would also consider trades relating to kayaks, or a 13 foot Gheenoe, both, however, would probably need some cash put on top of the trade. Both of these options would allow me to store them at my place, make transporting them easier(my Volvo tows okay, but really doesn't like towing the Johnsen), therefore, hopefully allowing me to get more use out of them, in theory that is...

Email is the best way to get a hold of me, ask any questions you may have through there, and I will respond. If you want to come check out the boat, keep in mind I will have to go get it from the storage spot and bring it to the house, so I need a bit of a heads up. Also, relay any photo requests through my email as well, but here are a few to get you an idea of the boat. Also, photobucket link to some larger photos: http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/sclay115/Johnsen%20Skiff/

Thanks for reading.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will take some photos this week, some updated ones with the few things that are on the boat that are not in the pictures.

Also, here is the original for sale thread, from the great guy I bought it from, and his build thread for the boat.

Original sale thread, from when I bought it:
    http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1269779903/9#9

Richard's build thread:

http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1231388534/0#0

I have this listed on craigslist for 2500, but am willing to get it to a good home from someone here for less. Email me with any questions or inquiries. Thanks for reading.

Steve
    stevenclay115 at yahoo.com

3. RedFinaddict

RedFinaddict I Love microskiff.com!

Bump for a super clean skiff and a drinker of "REEL" beer. If I didnt have one of my own, Id pick this up. GLWS

4. SClay115

SClay115 Throwin' loops

Haha thanks, I have differing grades of beer, some for outdoor use, some for indoor, that is one of the choice outdoor brews.

Thanks for the compliment on the boat, it was truly all of the previous owner's work, he did a great job with it.

Going to try and brave the chill today and grab some updated photos.

Steve

5. SClay115

SClay115 Throwin' loops

I apologize folks, I simply haven't had time to get any more recent pictures. The move and job searching has been very time consuming.

The boat, as of next week(hopefully) will be in Southwest Florida, Port Charlotte area. And is still for sale. Pictures will be coming at the very latest next week.

Steve

6. RedFinaddict

RedFinaddict I Love microskiff.com!

Charlotte is home for me. Ill be moving down to Naples next year. Ive got a potential buyer for my boat, Id like to check yours out. When are you goin to be down south? Ill be down there till the 27th.

7. SClay115

SClay115 Throwin' loops

The boat(hopefully) will be there permanently after the middle of next week. I say hopefully because my tow rig just popped it's headgasket. So if I can make that happen before then, the skiff will be there, if not...well then, it'll be a bit later...

Steve

8. swampfox

swampfox 01 Hells Bay Guide.07 ECC LOSTMEN-sold

Bump for a solid boat. Having owned one for some time I can vouch for this solid boat. Alot of bang for your buck(I paid more and it wasnt nearly as nice). When I moved back to FL I actually bought one of these before I moved down or had bought a house!! Talk about having your priorities right.  :D Luckily the guy I bought from let me store at his mom's house in Mims. And I would sneak it out while me and my bud were suppose to be moving. The wife never knew ;D

9. SClay115

SClay115 Throwin' loops

Alright guys, I wanted to bump this again, I had forgotten how bad moving messes with timing and getting things done. I will get pictures when I remember to bring the camera with me to where the boat is, so I will try to get them soon.

Boat has gone through the relocation down to southwest Florida, and basically, I really need to sell it. I would love to keep it, but I just don't think it is a wise move. Finances are tight, I am sure a lot of you feel the pressure too, and while I could probably scrape by and keep the boat, I think the responsible thing to do is to sell it and buy another when I can.

So I am looking for any offers, and will entertain pretty much all of them, I just want to make sure it goes to a good home. Also still looking for trades+cash for a kayak or something similar. I just need to get some money out of it.

So buy yourself a great boat for an after holiday present, and help out an angler in need.

Steve

Email me if you are interested, since I am not able to check the forum at home yet.

stevenclay115 (at) yahoo.com

10. truckermt

truckermt I Love microskiff.com!

Hi my name is Michael im new to the forum. Is this boat still for sale?

11. Un-shore

Un-shore Well-Known Member

Email him at the address in the post above yours, he is in the middle of moving.

12. truckermt

truckermt I Love microskiff.com!

Thank you! Ill send him an email

13. SClay115

SClay115 Throwin' loops

Hey sorry guys, "borrowing" someone's internet at the moment, but thought I'd post up just to touch base with the thread.

It is still "tentatively" for sale, I have secured a job and am not really hurting too much for funds anymore, but honestly, I still do not feel like I am using it enough, so will still entertain offers. Will email back the folks who have sent emails this evening.

Steve

14. SClay115

SClay115 Throwin' loops

Man it is nice to be employed again. ;D So, most of the stress in my life is gone at this point, and I've decided to hold onto the boat for at least a little while longer.

Talked with a buddy of mine yesterday and we discussed the upcoming season and the Johnsen being up for sale, mutually agreeing that come late spring time, I am going to seriously be missing the boat. I agreed. When the days are longer and the weather warmer, I am hoping to be out on the boat much more often.

So come summer time, if it still spends most of it's time on the trailer looking pretty, maybe it will be for sale again. But with a secure job, and finances that aren't being pulled in every direction, I am hoping not.

Thanks for the interest thus far, now...off to find myself a 10 weight tarpon setup....

Steve

15. jaw2fork

jaw2fork I Love microskiff.com!

Congrats on the job.. Tight line this season..

16. anytide

anytide Administrator Staff Member

"Man it is nice to be employed again. So, most of the stress in my life is gone at this point, and I've decided to hold onto the boat for at least a little while longer. "
    -good for you :)
    -anytide