Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to get a 2 bank charger for my boat. Anyone have any suggestions as to what might be a good one for the money.

I've never bought one before so I don't know too much about them.

Are some more waterproof than others.

I'm looking for something to maintain my batteries in between trips. Just so I can get home and plug them in.

Let's hear it from the experts. Thanks.
-Jordan

·
Registered
77 Posts
Take a look at the way the charger functions.
Best are those that charge around 80% and then shift down to trickle charge....you can just plug these in and leave them.

Also take a look at the total charge capacity that will be delivered...this has a bearing on how quickly you will get your batteries back to full charge. 10 watts is nice.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I only go about once a weekend so the speed of charging isn't so much an issue but I would like something that can maintain the batteries well. Thanks for the input guys. This is one I was looking at.

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/harleerod/items/item.aspx?itemid=7209

·
I Love microskiff.com!
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just put the same unit on my boat with the external plug.   Great unit.  Also read allot of good things about the stealth charger ($175)
Good to hear. My charger should be in this weekend. I need to get some longer leads so I can reach the battery in the front of my boat from where I want to mount the charger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts