On Board Chargers

Discussion in 'Power it up with Electronics' started by REELKEEN, Apr 21, 2009.

1. REELKEEN

REELKEEN I Love microskiff.com!

I'm wanting to get a 2 bank charger for my boat. Anyone have any suggestions as to what might be a good one for the money.

I've never bought one before so I don't know too much about them.

Are some more waterproof than others.

I'm looking for something to maintain my batteries in between trips. Just so I can get home and plug them in.

Let's hear it from the experts. Thanks.
    -Jordan

2. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

3. jgstephenson

jgstephenson Well-Known Member

Take a look at the way the charger functions.
    Best are those that charge around 80% and then shift down to trickle charge....you can just plug these in and leave them.

Also take a look at the total charge capacity that will be delivered...this has a bearing on how quickly you will get your batteries back to full charge. 10 watts is nice.

4. REELKEEN

I only go about once a weekend so the speed of charging isn't so much an issue but I would like something that can maintain the batteries well. Thanks for the input guys. This is one I was looking at.

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/harleerod/items/item.aspx?itemid=7209

5. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

That is a perfectly fine charger.

6. Soggy_Dollar

Soggy_Dollar Well-Known Member

Just put the same unit on my boat with the external plug. Great unit. Also read allot of good things about the stealth charger ($175)

7. REELKEEN

Good to hear. My charger should be in this weekend. I need to get some longer leads so I can reach the battery in the front of my boat from where I want to mount the charger.