Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What fuel stabilizer do you recommend for ruining through a Yamaha 60HP 4 stroke that has been sitting 12-14 months without being run? Full tank...

·
Banned
12,342 Posts
If it’s ethanol free just the regular Yamaha additive you should be using all the time. That’s all I’ve ever used and have never had fuel issues other than letting ethanol gas sit too long in my carbs. The rest are snake oil in my opinion.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I could be wrong, but I would think pumping out that old gas would be a good idea if its been sitting that long. That being said, I have run Stabil for almost a decade with zero issues on Yamaha and Evinrude 2 strokes, and tohatsu 4 strokes.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I agree pumping out and replacing. Might want to clean carbs. We use SeaFoam and non ethanol gas in our 2000 Merc. that had sat without use for several years. Runs well.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
627 Posts
I agree pumping out and replacing. Might want to clean carbs. We use SeaFoam and non ethanol gas in our 2000 Merc. that had sat without use for several years. Runs well.
Yep. Fuel stabilizer does nothing after the fact. It will work fine in your mower though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts