Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fly-By-Night
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grandpa and his family had a camp on stilts off of the Pithlachascotee / New Port Richey area from the 30s through the late 50s.

He also owned a tackle store called The Outpost, on US 19 in New Port Richey back in the 50/60s.

Here's him at camp around 1940.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Bump for anyone with pics of the camps out there back in the day.
Just ran into this thread. I have a special place in my heart for them. Probably saved my life. Sunk a jet ski about 18 years ago just west of the houses. Incoming tide at sunset out by myself. Lucky to make it to one at dark and water was shoulder deep. Found aluminum ladder laying in water next to stilts. Slept out on the deck. Long night..... Waved a guide with clients on board down in morning and he dropped me off at shore. Nobody knew I was gone until I missed work and called for a ride.

·
Fly-By-Night
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just ran into this thread. I have a special place in my heart for them. Probably saved my life. Sunk a jet ski about 18 years ago just west of the houses. Incoming tide at sunset out by myself. Lucky to make it to one at dark and water was shoulder deep. Found aluminum ladder laying in water next to stilts. Slept out on the deck. Long night..... Waved a guide with clients on board down in morning and he dropped me off at shore. Nobody knew I was gone until I missed work and called for a ride.
Dang, glad you made it.

My folks are in the process of moving, but I'm hoping to find some more pictures from the camp back then, and of my Grandpa's store.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts