Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Old 80s Plastic Pond Boat has cracks in it

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  ronnielay 
#1 ·
I have an old 85ish plastic pond boat (Tracker), about 8ft long.  I have had this boat for about 10 years.The person I bought the boat off of filled it with spray foam and putty up the cracks in it.  It worked great for the few years I used it, since then it has been sitting in backyards. 

I want to fix the cracks in the boat, paint it, and redo the wiring for the trolling motor.  The original putty has been eaten by ants and such.  It would make a great back water boat for my area and a fun project. 

My Question is does anybody have any information on fixing the cracks in the plastic?  I see that they sell Plastic Wielders, has anybody done anything like this before?  I think it is made of ABS plastic. If I could I would like to make the plastic look as close to new and not have to use the cheap putty.

I can handle the wiring and painting part.

#5 ·
Maybe I should clarify.....The fix was making it my sons sand box!
After uncovering more cracks with each sanding, it was too much to work to make the project fun!

I will just buy a Jon Boat to replace it!

Thanks for the advice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.