Okla. Woman Shoots, Kills Intruder: 911 Operators Say It's Okay to Shoot

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Gramps, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

2. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Someone comes up in my crib, and i know about it, oh, its on!!!!
    Gramps: theres been a bunch of break ins in the neighborhood lately. 2 on my street the last week.
    Got the twelve guage loaded and ready with slugs and buck shot in random order. As well as the 1911

3. YanceyM

YanceyM I Love microskiff.com!

I'm with you. Some fools been stealing in my hood too. Jokes on him when he get caught in the act. But it's nothing a few Hornady's can't fix.  ;)

4. topnative2

topnative2 Well-Known Member

1. Most burglaries take place in the day time.
    2. #2 is better-- slugs go thru walls and u gotta aim
    3.1911 nothing but respect ;)

5. Gramps

Sorry to hear that CR. Sounds like the thugs are hitting different neighborhoods... Just be careful if the fit does fit hits the shan, be aware of collateral damage like topnative2 said. Living in a an apartment, I like hornady critical defense.

Also I'd look into pre-paid legal. It's cheap and will cover you in case it does happen. Keep in mind you may be no billed (no murder case/files charged) but the scum bags family an still take you to court on civil charges. This is especially true if you have a concealed weapons license.

6. floridanative1028

floridanative1028 I Love microskiff.com!

How would a concealed weapons license not work in your favor in a civil court case? I would think that it would show that you have done your due diligence in acquiring the proper training to protect yourself in a law abiding manner.

7. Gramps

FN without going into detail on something I don't feel comfortable giving advice on... Civil court is after any criminal court findings.  In the eyes of the civil courts (here in Texas at least) the "bread winner" of the family can no longer provide for them. Doesn't matter if the lethal force used was justified or not by the criminal courts.  Similar to a burglar breaking his leg on property you own, they have the ability to sue the property owner (you).

The reference to a CHL license is that you're more likely (in my mind) to have a lethal force confrontation outside of your home if you carry.

8. floridanative1028

floridanative1028 I Love microskiff.com!

Ok I see what you mean, when I first read it I thought you meant they could use your license against you in a home defense situation.

FWIW, If someones breaking in my house and they are armed they're gonna get the business regardless of what any civil lawyer wants to do with me or my assets. They could threaten to put me in jail for the rest of my life and I would still put a bullet in a bastard if they even represented the idea of harming me or my family in our home. One thing I know is for sure and that is once you're gone you're gone and I'd rather be in a courtroom arguing why I felt justified shooting someone than to be crying to a shrink about why my 2 year old was shot by a crackhead because I hesitated for a second to think about being sued.

9. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

This ^

I understand how completely messed up the laws are but, a theif knows that right before he walks into a house that anything can happen and he knows hes risking his life to steal whatevers inside. I would just give him the ease of not having to make that decision anymore ;)

10. fsae99

fsae99 I Love microskiff.com!

You can look up your particular states version of castle doctrine or lack there of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine

Here in GA under appropriate circumstance I'm not criminally or civil liable.

11. topnative2

topnative2 Well-Known Member

Everyone should keep their thoughts to themselves on what they would do to an intruder so your words are not used against you.

Till you stick a gun in someones's ear or the shooting starts you have no idea of what u will do or not do ---

and you will still have to live w/ the results justified or not and that is much easier said than done.

Just food for thought.