Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

121 - 140 of 177 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
5 Posts
I have a 2000 15’ Stott Craft. It’s a solid little boat that handles rough water well for it’s size. I don’t know a ton about the builder but see new models occasionally.
I’ve had her all over Florida and will be selling her this winter to upgrade to an Action Craft.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Boat: 2001 Stumpnocker 5 15' V-model
Engine: 2005 Mercury 60hp

This boat was originally used to hunt gators up in North FL. It was a side console, tiller steer with a small 25hp 4 stroke. I restored the boat in the end of 2016 and converted it to center console with remote. Every nut, bolt, screw, wire, cable and piece of hardware was new at the end of 2016 to include new gelcoat on the entire interior in 3 different shades. White was the base color and off white on the floor and casting platform and front deck to reduce glare. Inside all the compartments and livewell were finished in Sky Blue gelcoat.

I re-powered the boat not long after the restoration with a 60hp Mercury. The engine was gone through by Chris Carson Marine in Key Largo. Needless to say, this little boat hauls butt and handles the afternoon chop like it's not even there. Performance with a 17p prop at WOT is right at 52mph GPS. Currently set up with a 15p prop it tops out right at 45mph GPS and is basically unaffected by load. Comfortable, quiet cruise is 29mph @ 3600rpm.

Even with the "deep v" the boat still floats in only 8 inches of water. I live only a few minutes from the Indian River Lagoon and fish it often. It's currently setup to drift the grass flats and fish up near the mangroves. Trolling motor is next on the list... Great little boat that was easy on the wallet!

clean up 2.jpg
bow.jpg
lagoon.jpg
lagoon 2.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
It has taken longer than I thought to transform my duck hunting boat to a more capable fishing boat but it’s just about there. It’s a 2015 G3 1860DK with a 60hp Yamaha. We added a poling platform, put a 20 gallon fuel tank and a battery box in the bow, a grab bar console, aqua marine deck, and a minnkota trolling motor. There are a few odds and ends to button up but she’s come along way.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Home build ski boat to center console conversion 14ft powered by 2018 60hp Suzuki top speed 41mph longest trip in one day was 75 nautical miles. Simrad go7, JL audio, boss Bluetooth player, yeti cooler, hydraulic steering, sea star 10” setback plate, all polished chrome fixtures, teak/chrome rubrail. Fish caught so far Mahi, black fin tuna, kingfish, grouper, snapper. Total time spend on build 6 month few hours a day weather permitting. Total project cost including new engine $13,800

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
1985 gheenoe highsider 15 4 reworked into a nmz will have the 1982 evinrude 15 hp ready by the weekend. Floats skinny even with my bigazz. Named the like red hooker .first time poster hope the picture work.

Attachments

121 - 140 of 177 Posts