Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start it off, even though it wasn't my idea (that credit goes to Fernandina Josh   ;)  )

The rules:
> post at least one pic, preferably more, of your skiff
> post some details, specs, etc of same skiff
> post your general location (especially if not noted in your profile)
> post a shot of your mug if you are so inclined, so we can recognize you at the ramp next time we meet

I'm in Titusville, fish mainly NIRL/Scottsmoor and some Mosquito Lagoon.  The skiff is a home-built, 15'7" skiff w/ a 15hp Evinrude. 

Here's how she sits today, still under construction, but getting closer...

·
Paddling away...
6,394 Posts
The skiff is a Copperhead, 30hp Nissan Marine.

I'm in Miami, Hialeah to be exact.
One will find my truck in Flamingo or Homestead Bayfront Park.
Find my skiff somewhere on a flat in Florida Bay, or South Biscayne Bay.

Black hull, two tone inside.
matte black poling platform, grab bar, and strongarm tiller.

Mug shot with the first red in the Copperhead.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
31 Posts
Ok I'll Play.
Carolina J12 with 25 merc 2 stroke.(with 20 stickers) I fish mostly fresh water. Where? All over.
It's gotta have a name. It's the smallest boat I have ever owned. I've been called that since Jr High School anyway.

Why such a small boat you ask???
Cause it fits in my Toy Hauler.

It's got a Bobs Jack Plate and Smart Tabs. I replaced the shocks with trunbuckles to turn them into "Dumb Tabs" (They were too smart!)

It's got a Stickit, 55LB Trolling motor, and a 48 quart cooler/Livewell. It's not fast, but it jumps up on top!

·
Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army
5,303 Posts
Custom Gheenoe LT25 center console. Based out of Orlando, FL. Most of the time you will find me out on the Wekiva River near Wekiva Island, St. John's River, Mosquito Lagoon but I can be found anywhere in the state. If there is a restaurant/bar on the water then I will probably be close to that area ;D

During duck season I may be found in this Highsider with a camo 5 HP mudmotor anywhere in central Florida

You can also find me on Lake Sinclair, GA running a white Gheenoe Classic with a 25 Yami and a TSG jack plate but you better be quick cause this is a 30+ MPH microskiff  ;D

mug shot

·
Registered
53 Posts
here's mine
Ankona Native SUV
06 Yamaha 25 2 stroke
Continental Trailer
Garmin 152 GPS
homemade tiller extension from baseball bat

fish out of Rocky Creek, south of Steinhatchee

[/img]

[/img]

·
Registered
285 Posts
2008 Gheenoe Camo Classic - Low Front Deck, Stik Steer, Livewell, Shark Eyes, 1200 GPH Bilge
20HP Nissan 4 Stroke - Power Tilt
Located in Sunny Murfreesboro, TN - Home of the MTSU Blue Raiders, The geographic center of the great state of Tennessee, The World's largest Cedar Bucket, and the beautiful Stones River - that's where you will find me out on the water 99% of the time.

Couple Shots of the boat:

Nothing too fancy, but that's the point:

Perfect for me and my 2 best fishing bud's:

Uugg Shot:

Here's a link to my Bragging Spot Thread if you want to see more:

http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1226708552

Dave

·
> PRO STAFF <
7,515 Posts
My home built marsh skiff, The Grass Slipper.
15'-8" long, 50" wide, 235 lb plywood tunnel hull
She floats in 3" when I fish solo,
3-1/2" to 4" with a guest aboard.
From St. Augustine to Sebastian Inlet, playing in the ultra-skinny waters.

link to build thread:

http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1216352720

·
BBA Counselor
6,893 Posts
Even though she is no more I figured I'd toss up my old homemade boat. She was 15'10" with a beam of 61" and 48.5" at the water line. Powered by a new 20hp yamaha 4-stroke and weighed about 250lbs for the hull. I fished her all around tampa bay.

·
Registered
232 Posts

http://www.wetconcepts.com/FS18.htm

Flats Stalker 18 (Bateau.com FS18)
Okoume mahogany cored, epoxy & fiberglass composite.
Custom built at the WetConcepts skunkworks
18' length, 54" wide, ~ 5"-6" draft
Top Speed 27 mph (gps) with a 20 hp Honda & stock 4 blade Al.prop
Tom's jackplate w/ 5" setback
Ride's like a Bentley.

·
Registered
131 Posts
OK, here is my rig.

And here is the mug..

May update soon with updated pics...

Reactions: Tyler Mcneely

·
Registered
222 Posts
My name is Aaron and my skiff is a inshore 16.

I live in Largo Florida and you will most likely find me around Weidon Island or Fort Desoto.

specs- fifty two stroke yami, power tech 15p prop and lenco tabs. extras- minnkota bow mount,wang anchor with removable base, loop 21 push pole and some sea deck .   It will float in six inches or less and top out around 35 mph depending on load.

i moved the trim switch from my tiller handle out to the end of my diy extension.

the bottom is pretty flat but with the tabs you can get though a pretty good chop.

i just had the coffin box and grab bar added and plan to add some cushions and rope work. oh, and here is a self portrait shot from the platform last winter.

·
Fish Finaddict
581 Posts
Here is my latest LT 25DHF. I added a rear deck insert, Strongarm Products tiller extension with kill switch, newly designed grab bar with console and soon platform all powdercoated in white. The motor is 25hp Merc that is getting a factory Mercury power trim and tilt unit. The interior has blue LED's as well as LED running lights.

·
Microskiff.com... Priceless!
1,144 Posts
Hi my name is justin and i run a 2011 Gheenoe NMZ, black/ice blue with an '04 15 hp merc, 2 stroke, with a bobs mini jackplate, i plan to add a rear platform. i fish the space coast, from the S. MSL to the NMZ in bannana river and everything in between.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
88 Posts
Not really a micro skiff...sometimes I wish it was a little bit more micro...but it's a great compromise for getting skinny and running open water here in SC. 2000 16' Hewes Bonefisher (the most micro lappy they made).

·
Gone Fishin
133 Posts

Ok folks im out of vero Beach Vero Beach i fish the intercoastal and alot of and almost all the local lakes. I love the boats speeed with the 25 2 smoke. lol It fishes great and has landed some good fish. Whos next to post?

1 - 20 of 178 Posts