Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most people go past unlikely productive spots in search of greater things. I’ll refrain from telling where, when, or how, but here’s is one of many caught in a place where most all boats run by looking for bigger water. It’s not just the spot, but knowing when to be there. Didn’t know some don’t like us to share the spots, so I’ll keep from doing that, but again, it’s not just the spot. There’s a lot more to it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Most people go past unlikely productive spots in search of greater things. I’ll refrain from telling where, when, or how, but here’s is one of many caught in a place where most all boats run by looking for bigger water. It’s not just the spot, but knowing when to be there. Didn’t know some don’t like us to share the spots, so I’ll keep from doing that, but again, it’s not just the spot. There’s a lot more to it.
Water Sky Cloud Vertebrate Fish

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Thats funny cause thats where i thought the glasses came from 😁👍 but jokes aside maybe the lens color helps see into water 🤔 nothing wrong with looking cool while slaying snook 👍 but lets do something different with the rod 😏 trivia answer was brought up in another post, the picture i believe was a red and a fly rod balanced on the guys shoulder and back really nice picture, but one member made the comment thats the answer to trivia question LOL 😆 about having the rod in your mouth...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol!! That’s my kid, and I guess those glasses are a “thing”. I would not wear those unless I was skiing! The rod in the mouth thing I guess is to protect it from being stepped on since there’s no where to put it down in the front of the Gheenoe without worrying about it. The rod on the shoulders kinda thing, well I think it looks silly too, but to each their own. As long as he’s catching fish and having an awesome time, then who gives a crap about all of that. I don’t care if they use their butt hole for a rod holder, so long as I don’t have to do it.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Funny you quoted Real Fisherman,which made me research the answer to what makes a "Real Fisherman"?
The answer according to internet.....

A true fisherman is conservative,provident,not given to envy, considerate of the rights of others and careful of his good name. He fishes many a day and returns at night to his home hungry, tired and disappointed; but he still has faith in his methods, and is not tempted to try new and more deadly lures.

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
17,636 Posts
Lol!! That’s my kid, and I guess those glasses are a “thing”. I would not wear those unless I was skiing! The rod in the mouth thing I guess is to protect it from being stepped on since there’s no where to put it down in the front of the Gheenoe without worrying about it. The rod on the shoulders kinda thing, well I think it looks silly too, but to each their own. As long as he’s catching fish and having an awesome time, then who gives a crap about all of that. I don’t care if they use their butt hole for a rod holder, so long as I don’t have to do it.
All in good fun. My step son has a glorious mullet and I despise it but then I look back at my photos from 4th and 5th grade and I had a flat top mullet with three shaved lines over one ear like Vanilla Ice and wore MC Hammer parachute pants so there’s that…

·
Premium Member
13' Gheenoe Highsider
91 Posts
VA has almost no skinny water culture. You're more likely to find a Carolina Skiff offshore than inshore and skiff wise there's not many of us. Everything we fish is overlooked and undervalued. Hell even the kayakers are out here risking life and limb fishing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel on rough days rather than inshore.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts