Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Odyssey battery question?

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Zaraspook 
#1 ·
Is any one running the PC680 as the house/starting battery?

#9 ·
I ran a PC625 to start a 50 horse etec. It was enough as long as it wasn't 50 degrees or below. If it was too cold outside, it wouldn't crank it.

#10 ·
PC625 is a pretty small battery. What motor you running and what electronics are you running? I'm using a PC1200 on my Vantage for a Zuke 140, Lowrance HDS 7, Sonic Hub stereo, lights, and release well. No issues, tons of power but I am probably in a bigger boat that doesn't mind the weight.

#12 ·
I'm running a 680. I have a Skull Island 16 with a Honda 30 and it also powers my bilge pump, sonar / GPS, trim tabs, jackplate, gauges, and lights (all LED). My sonar / GPS stays on all day; the lights and bilge pump don't get used very much, unless it's raining or for those predawn launches. No issues; seems like plenty of battery for the job, but the boat is only 2 1/2 months old. I carry a 1000 amp jumpstarter just in case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.