Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Obsessed with Redfish

5693 Views 67 Replies 30 Participants Last post by  david.riina
why o why do you haunt my dreams you lazy orange catfish!
why is florida flats fishing so fun.

sighting fishing for striped bass just aint nearly the same :(

working on this thing until i get my hands on another redfish.
Fin Fish Seafood Ray-finned fish Fish products
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

· Registered
FS18 I BUILT
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
The detail in that artwork is spectacular. Looks almost like a photo. Love the colors!
thanks! I was down in pine island sound this past april, where i saw some large redfish cruising along solo in the grass..... I'll never forget their colors, they looked like pumpkins lite up from the inside...

· Registered
FS18 I BUILT
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 · (Edited)
I take striped bass for granted. I grew up catching them, so there is no mystery left for me. but redfish are new for me....I know why people love these silly little pumpkins so much now. and all it took was for me to catch one!

i need to do some more redfish hunting this year! I really enjoy the slow, quiet stalking. the flats here for striped bass are similar, but alas its only really may- sept gets hard as the sun gets lower, its hard to see em from a decent distance away....

I put some prints up on my website for order, it will probably be about two weeks before anything ships, but I've already had some people reach out to me for them. my website is just my name...

I also make these fish over custom charts which are super popular. I download the pdf noaa and manipulate it in photoshop. each one is customer specific. you tell me what area you want to focus on and we email back and forth a couple times until we get the chart right. below is a general charleston area so you can get the idea.

F winter. i already feel winter depression setting in up here. I'm gonna have to load up the boat for a long weekend next month and head anywhere south where I catch a lazy orange catfish :)

i warn you now. both ups and usps have raised all their rates. shipping sucks. i still lose $ on shipping, and it still costs you $$$. everybody loses, while ups laughs all the way to the bank.
Rectangle Fin Fish Line Art

· Premium Member
13' Gheenoe Highsider
93 Posts
I take striped bass for granted. I grew up catching them, so there is no mystery left for me. but redfish are new for me....I know why people love these silly little pumpkins so much now. and all it took was for me to catch one!

i need to do some more redfish hunting this year! I really enjoy the slow, quiet stalking. the flats here for striped bass are similar, but alas its only really may- sept gets hard as the sun gets lower, its hard to see em from a decent distance away....

I put some prints up on my website for order, it will probably be about two weeks before anything ships, but I've already had some people reach out to me for them. my website is just my name...

I also make these fish over custom charts which are super popular. I download the pdf noaa and manipulate it in photoshop. each one is customer specific. you tell me what area you want to focus on and we email back and forth a couple times until we get the chart right. below is a general charleston area so you can get the idea.

F winter. i already feel winter depression setting in up here. I'm gonna have to load up the boat for a long weekend next month and head anywhere south where I catch a lazy orange catfish :)

i warn you now. both ups and usps have raised all their rates. shipping sucks. i still lose $ on shipping, and it still costs you $$$. everybody loses, while ups laughs all the way to the bank.
View attachment 220762
That's incredible work. Would love to talk to you about having something similar done over a Eastern Shore of VA chart.

· Registered
2005 East Cape Gladesman. 2005 Panga Marine 22.
6,526 Posts
I dont have much in life, but sea legs are one thing I got! im pretty sure my homebuilt FS18 is just a copy of a Gladesmen anyway. Knock on wood i have yet to fall off my poling platform, but im sure its coming! ill definetly let you know when im in that area....

I was born down in fort myers, most my family moved north when i was a kid, some stayed down there. I usually stay in that general area when i come down so tampa isn't so far.
I'm also from Ft Myers let me know the next time you're down here we can chase them on my gladesman.

· Registered
2005 East Cape Gladesman. 2005 Panga Marine 22.
6,526 Posts
I too am addicted. I'm buying a tiny boat just so I can fish one lake for them. This is in addition to my 18' Abaco skiff I use in the intracoastal
Can't go wrong with 2 boats I have a Panga for the wife and a gladesman for me the gladesman gets fished 5 to 1 atleast as the panga only goes out if the boss does.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts