Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I brought the Nucanoe Frontier 12 home on the roof, but that's likely the last time. I found this curved hitch extender for the SUV, fantastic. I'll get some pix on the water, with electric troller and center casting bar (old man balance handle). But here's a peek at the road config.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Compact sport utility vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Trunk Sport utility vehicle

· Registered
1999 Carolina Skiff 16
2,043 Posts
Nice! I'll be needing something like that soon. I'm selling my F150 and have bought a Sport Trac, shorter than short bed. I'll probably fab something to slide in the hitch and support my kayak out of square tubing.

· Registered
82 Posts

· Registered
577 Posts
The nice thing about that T-bone is it won't hit the ground backing out of the driveway or pulling into a less than flat parking area.
If you decide to build your own, make sure you don't make the extension straight with a 90* upright. You will drag it on the ground

· Registered
868 Posts
Good idea, but perhaps not the safest... while driving, especially at speed, there is potential for c-monox to roll back up into the car.. SUV's were not meant to run down the hi-way with the rear hatch open, the exhaust is directed straight out the back. Be careful.

The curve of the T-Bone extender is a good design.. I watched a guy backing his rig from a p-lot across a sidewalk to the water with the straight bed extender, he hit it direct on the edge of that sidewalk... it was not pretty, bent the extender and jammed his kayak pretty hard into the front of his truck bed because he had it secured so well to the T with ratchet straps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.