Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Josh. I'm asking $650 and I'll split shipping. On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd give it a 9.8 I can text you pics if you're interested

J

·
0 Posts
Hi Josh. I'm asking $650 and I'll split shipping. On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd give it a 9.8 I can text you pics if you're interested
Yes Mr. Santos, if you wouldn't mind sending me a few pictures to my email address, [email protected] I would greatly appreciate it. I've fished with the G Lommis NRX Pro 1 in a 9 weight. There's a lot to like about that rod, but being a Pro 1, it's one piece and doesn't break down for easy shipping or transport. I have a Sage Salt 9wt but it needs to be sent into Sage for repairs on account of breaking the tip. If you have any trouble or questions when sending pics, let me know.

J

·
0 Posts
Yep...that's exactly the rod I'm looking for an exactly how I expected it to appear. I'm not sure if you noticed or not, but I'm in Costa Rica. I would have to do a little research on what commercial shipping company worked best. I've heard that DHL is preferred, but for something as important as this rod, it's worth double, or even triple checking. The regular post office here is not only the least reliable, I have it on good authority that they're also the least honest. I understand that shipping to Costa Rica presents some additional challenges. I cant't possible overstate how I mush I wish such hurdles did not exist. On the bright side, I'm going to a fishing lodge this weekend. The owner is very familiar with the delivery and receipt of fishing equipment. After all, he's running a lodge. I will speak to him this weekend about what he's found to be the best way to ship a fly rod. I return this Sunday. If you've sold it before I return, congratulations. No hard feelings. I'll check back Sunday with the information I've uncovered.

J

·
0 Posts
Still intrested?
Yes, but I'm in Costa Rica. The only way I can think of to make this work without incurring an absurd amount in shipping charges is if I bought it and then it was shipped to my girlfriend in Port Richey, FL. She's flying here on May 17th and could bring it with her. I need to determine if I can come up with $650.00 before her visit; and have enough to entertain her while she's here. Though I would be entertained simply by looking at the rod and casting it, I'm pretty sure that's not going to go over as well with her. I'm going to see what I can accomplish this week. Where are you located?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, but I'm in Costa Rica. The only way I can think of to make this work without incurring an absurd amount in shipping charges is if I bought it and then it was shipped to my girlfriend in Port Richey, FL. She's flying here on May 17th and could bring it with her. I need to determine if I can come up with $650.00 before her visit; and have enough to entertain her while she's here. Though I would be entertained simply by looking at the rod and casting it, I'm pretty sure that's not going to go over as well with her. I'm going to see what I can accomplish this week. Where are you located?
Hi Josh, I'm in NJ. I'll let it go for $640. The rod hasn't had any real pressure other than small 6 inch snappers from last fall. It's a rocket launcher. However, I am happy to fish with an older Redington Vapen for less than half the price.. ~ Armand

J

·
0 Posts
I think the price is agreeable. Moreover, I need
Hi Josh, I'm in NJ. I'll let it go for $640. The rod hasn't had any real pressure other than small 6 inch snappers from last fall. It's a rocket launcher. However, I am happy to fish with an older Redington Vapen for less than half the price.. ~ Armand
I think the price is agreeable. I'm familiar with the power / action of these rods. My father has the G Loomis NRX Pro 1 in 9 wt. I was deferential to a 9wt Sage Salt. Unfortunately, I broke the tip and had to leave for CR before I was able to get the Sage Salt repaired. My girlfriend is flying from Florida to visit me in Costa Rica on May 17, 2019. If I can get the $640.00 together in enough time to pay you, split the shipping, and get the rod shipped to my girlfriend in Port Richey, FL, then this all may work. I may have the funds this evening. I'll keep you posted as there isn't much time.

J

·
0 Posts
Hi. Still interested?
Absolutely. The problem was or is that this guy was going to buy a Toyota 4 Runner Limited Edition I have on Friday. Unfortunately, he backed out. My intention was to use money from that sale to buy this rod, then have it shipped to my girlfriend in Florida in time for her to bring it to me in Costa Rica when she leaves this upcoming Friday. Now that the guy didn't buy it, I have to go through the trouble of having a friend drive it from my house in Florida to his an hour north, take pictures, put it on Craigslist... You know the deal... So, I'm quite disappointed. I have a friend who is supposed to meet with my girlfriend and give her a 9wt to bring to me, but yes, I wanted this NRX. I expect to have the disposable income again in the near future, but I'm surprised it hasn't sold already. My understanding, gained from fishing with my Dad's NRX, is that people seem to either love or hate it. Some just don't like the action. I'm not going to pretend to be a fly rod connoisseur, but I'm not the most naive person to ever cast a saltwater fly. If you cast it right, you can shoot a ton of line with this beautiful piece of equipment. Anyway, I'll follow the post, let you know if I happen to come across extra money in time to have it shipped to her... Unfortunately, I'm thinking I'm going to work on getting over not having it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Absolutely. The problem was or is that this guy was going to buy a Toyota 4 Runner Limited Edition I have on Friday. Unfortunately, he backed out. My intention was to use money from that sale to buy this rod, then have it shipped to my girlfriend in Florida in time for her to bring it to me in Costa Rica when she leaves this upcoming Friday. Now that the guy didn't buy it, I have to go through the trouble of having a friend drive it from my house in Florida to his an hour north, take pictures, put it on Craigslist... You know the deal... So, I'm quite disappointed. I have a friend who is supposed to meet with my girlfriend and give her a 9wt to bring to me, but yes, I wanted this NRX. I expect to have the disposable income again in the near future, but I'm surprised it hasn't sold already. My understanding, gained from fishing with my Dad's NRX, is that people seem to either love or hate it. Some just don't like the action. I'm not going to pretend to be a fly rod connoisseur, but I'm not the most naive person to ever cast a saltwater fly. If you cast it right, you can shoot a ton of line with this beautiful piece of equipment. Anyway, I'll follow the post, let you know if I happen to come across extra money in time to have it shipped to her... Unfortunately, I'm thinking I'm going to work on getting over not having it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think there is a problem with microskiff when I post via my Samsung phone. My buddy said to post it on Facebook market place for better exposure.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts