Now This is a Truck !

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by noeettica, Nov 13, 2010.

1. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

http://trucks.about.com/cs/dodgeramsrt10/a/ram_srt10.htm

2. Flyline

Flyline Won "Do More With Less" Award!

This is V-10 junk! Gotta have a cummins diesel, duramax diesel and ford powerstroke diesel power!

3. The_Skiff_Shop

The_Skiff_Shop Well-Known Member

I don' think your the target market

Specifications
    # The Dodge SRT-10 truck is placed on a 140.5-inch wheelbase and measures 227.7 inches long and stands 79.9 inches tall. Ground clearance is 7.4 inches. Its payload capacity is only 1,150 lbs. with a modest towing capacity of 7,500 lbs, but the SRT-10 is not intended to haul anything. Curbside weight of the Quad Cab is an obese 5,572 lbs. The standard cab version is 5,130 lbs.

Read more: Facts on a Dodge SRT-10 Truck | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_6136795_dodge-srt_10-truck.html#ixzz15H8sl9u0

And I'm pretty sure it's more about this:

Performance
    # The combined horsepower and torque deliver the SRT-10 from 0 to 60 mph in 5.4 seconds and the quarter-mile in 13.8 seconds. Flat out, the SRT-10 tops out at 150 mph. Gas mileage is an embarrassing 9 mpg, but buyers don't choose the SRT-10 because they are environmentally conscious.

Read more: Facts on a Dodge SRT-10 Truck | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_6136795_dodge-srt_10-truck.html#ixzz15H9oxH6g

4. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

I drove one of these when they first came out, and honestly it was a pretty pointless vehicle. It was about the same price as a viper/corvette z06 but didn't run nearly as well. If you want a bad ass truck, get one with a cummins or duramax. Sorry to the Ford guys, but the powerstrokes we use at work are junk and constantly in for repair.

5. makin moves

makin moves Well-Known Member

sweet truck if you work for a tire company and get them at cost ;D

6. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

And if your Dad owns BP...!

9MPG!!!!!! Does it need hi-rest? OUCH!!!!

-T

7. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

But, it is still just a Dodge........

8. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

23.8 MPH HYW and takes rustangs for a run for the money! Added a programmer, only pushed it to level 5 out of 10. 80hp boost!

Cummins!

[​IMG]

9. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Jan, that's pretty impressive for a tow vehicle, what mileage were you getting stock with that setup?
    -T

10. FSUfisher

FSUfisher Well-Known Member

11. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Do a search online about Hennessey. A bigger thief is tough to find. His cars ALWAYS break when the magazines invite him to a test. "But it ran 9's last week" is always in the article somewhere...

Can't believe he's still in business

-T

12. iMacattack

500hp? that all you got? LOL Most "BOMB" (Better Off Modified Baby) Diesel trucks can easily achieve 700+HP and 1000-1500lbs of torque. LOL Do you You Tube search. Some dang fast scary trucks.

13. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

Right, but who cares if a truck is really fast, get the power you need to haul what you want, otherwise quit wasting money on a truck and buy a freaking sports car!

PS I also think NASTRUCK is rediculous!

14. iMacattack

X2 but there are a lot of fans out there and I respect their right to enjoy their passions. Me, I'm into F1, FIA World Rally, British Touring Car Championships and Australian V8 Supercar.

Re: purchasing a truck to tow, always buy more truck than you think you need. IMHO

15. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

I think you've got any micro covered with that cummins ;)

16. iMacattack

LOL a fleet of micros! Or my '72 Pontiac or ... well you get the point. LOL

17. FSUfisher

FSUfisher Well-Known Member

Sorry Jan, I should've clarified. I wasn't one-upping you, just Dave's original post. I think squeezing mid to upper 20 mpg's out of a diesel is the coolest thing around, and it's a fun challenge to try and find ways to increase mileage and horsepower. What kind of programmer do you have, and do you like it?

18. iMacattack

It's all based on how hard you push the loud button... LOL ;D I run the Quadzilla Adrenaline with iQuad beta software. I can't talk much about it other then to say... Horsepower? Yup I have an app for that! LOL :D ( iQuad wireless controller ) The release will be soon. Once it's released I can talk more about it.

Best mileage comes with the unit in "Max Mileage" mode... imagine that, and keeping it under 2K RPM. I've gotten my best mileage cruising between 55-60 MPH. 65-70 it drops a little bit over 75 and it drops much more. I keep an eye on fuel pump pressure, fuel rail pressure, boost and transmission temp. With all those in a sweet zone the truck runs smooth and strong.

Cheers!
    Capt. Jan

19. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

IF you have to do all THAT why bother

You don't have to pay for your fuel and neither do I so it's NOT such a big deal between getting 20 and 24 ....

This has been very informative ...keep it coming The FORD is pretty cool too ...

I love to haul stuff for others ... Food and Fuel ... Drive it like you stole it !

WE had fun with a guy he was anal about his mileage so we added gas to his car and he was ecstatic ! then we quit ! He drove himself NUKING FUTS ... we never told him ,,,He'd kill us !

20. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Wait, wait wait!!!!

Mileage is either "around town" or highway, meaning I95 and turnpike stuff, 75mph avg!!!!!

I don't know what my truck gets at 40mph, or 50, etc. It's the 70-80mph range most would consider highway mileage.

I know the new diesels can be impressive, but if you've got to watch and tweak all those inputs, and then list real-world mileage estimates at say 75mph, does it all balance out or are the diesels back at 12-14mpg on the highway?

-T