not quite right

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Brett, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

I tend to lean to the extreme
    but these guys are nuts

< http://dreamboatsbermuda.blogspot.com/2007_09_01_archive.html >

2. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

first I saw the topic name, then I saw the poster... and I though... well duh... ;D ;D :D :D ;) ;) LOL Just kidding.

Saw that a while ago. Not something I would do, but hey more power to them!

3. snooknreds2

snooknreds2 Well-Known Member

well I read all of your responses before i clicked on the link and I thought I would be able to respond with " Oh that's not that crazy I would do it" But then i actually clicked on the link.... Um yea i will pass.

That is pretty wild though!! I see fishing pols on the boat in allot of the pics but nothing was said about fishing or if they caught anything (I read the whole bolg for the last 45 min)

4. deerfly

deerfly Opinicus iracibilus

I have to admire the guts and determination. However, I can't help but wonder why anyone would need to go to that length to prove a flats boat was "that" seaworthy?

I wonder what is target market is for this boat? If I was shopping for a flats boat or even a "bay" boat I'd be more interested in how well it poled in shallow water than whether I could get to Bermuda and back in it.  :-?

Anyway, hats off, had to be the experience of a lifetime for sure.

5. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Here ya go deerfly
    the website:

< http://www.dreamboats.net/ >

6. Weedy

Weedy Well-Known Member

Gheenoe: East Coast Florida to the Bahamas and back, anyone, anyone?????

7. deerfly

thanks, I did scan through there before I posted and still don't get it.  :-? I can see for the 230 but not the 21 "flats" boat. I can't imagine anyone buying the 21 because it was used to set a world record open ocean voyage. The 230 yeah, because its 60-100 miles each way to the middle grounds over here, so I get that kind of "acid" test with a boat that's targeted for long offshore jaunts, etc.

Anyway, regardless of my thick skull, its pretty cool for this guy to believe in his products enough to do something like that.  :cool:

8. deerfly

slim chance of any takers weed, not enough room on ANY gheenoe for both gas and BEER that would last on a trip like that. :)

9. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

I wonder how many of us over the years,
    have pushed the limit with a small boat
    and taken them where they weren't designed for?
    There's gotta be a few good stories out there...

;)...only us survivors can tell.

You tell me yours, I'll tell you mine...

10. costefishnt

costefishnt Cost Efish'nt³

been planing a trip for the past three years. i have two mother boats but schedules seem to conflict. gas aint a problem either. i can do WELL over 100 miles before i worry about gas!

will i leave from here? no, head to WPB or port everglades, run 60-66 miles, and i am in bimini. the way i see it, i aint gettin no younger, and living on the edge seems to change each year. but trust me, i will be the first to cross in a gheenoe.

oh, and for those of you who wish to give me warnings....dont bother. i know my limits, and if i pick my days, it will not be a problem. besides, good advice is something i have never listened too. c'mon, look at me ;)

11. costefishnt

costefishnt Cost Efish'nt³

this deserves a new post....starting now!!!

12. captnron

captnron Guest

Kind of old news buy I was asked if I wanted to invest in this company and they are in my back yard. When they pulled this stunt I knew I had made the right decision to keep my money. ;) I will say that the guy has given it everything to see his dream come true. :cool:

13. deerfly

I was mostly shooting for a little humor there and didn't want to get into it, but you're right, Grand Bahama from Lake Worth inlet or Bimini from Port Everglades or Bakers Haulover is fairly easy during most summer mornings. Spent many of my teenage summers wandering the gulf stream in a 17' boat catching all the dolphin I could sell and was within sight of Bimini and the keys to the south many times. Picking the right weather and/or time of year is the key, dead of summer mornings before the T-storms kick up the gulfstream can be like a slow rolling sheet of glass.  

Its not without risk and there's way more things I'd rather do, but I wouldn't have much reservation making one of those runs in an LT25 either. You just have to be prepared to stay over there until the weather is right again to shoot back. Of course these days, especially on the weekends, there's so much traffic going back and forth that if you sunk or ended up overboard you be more at risk of getting run over than worrying about being rescued. :)

14. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

I'll go

15. Weedy

Weedy Well-Known Member

Skurtis, we need to talk at teh rally!