SOLD/EXPIRED Not mine. dolphin ss hull back for sale

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by bw510, Nov 3, 2014.

1. bw510

bw510 I Love microskiff.com!

Not mine
    http://panamacity.craigslist.org/boa/4716116773.html

2. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

The "never titled" would scare me off. This most likely means that there is no title. If it did, the original paperwork in hand would need to be certified and still could be a Pita.. Nice opportunity for someone though if it's legit..

3. Rookiemistake

Rookiemistake Well-Known Member

Couldnt someone rebuild it and go the home made boat route?

4. brunyan

brunyan I Love microskiff.com!

Wasnt this for sale in the same condition and same title situation on MS forums a few months back?

5. brunyan

brunyan I Love microskiff.com!

6. oysterbreath

oysterbreath Well-Known Member

If it were shorter than 16 it would be easier to get it registered as a home built boat albeit unscrupulous. If I weren't finishing up my boat boat....I would be ALL OVER THIS despite the down the road difficulties.

7. tomahawk

tomahawk Well-Known Member

My bet is he couldn't get it titled and is now trying to unload it....same as the first guy...I would think your only shot would be one of those private tag offices down in miami...There is no re-sale value there if you can't title it as a Dolphin either, if that matters to you.

8. joey_sostheim

joey_sostheim I Love microskiff.com!

This Is my Listing. The no title is correct there is no HIN or any paperwork going along with this Skiff. I have not tried to register the boat as I haven't been able to do anything with it. We had a new couple of new additions to the family My new son and a 27' blackfin sportsman I couldn't pass up and I need this out of my drive way. BTW I had an FWC officer check out the hull and told me I shouldn't have any problem registering it as homemade after the build out.

9. evan_ott@yahoo.com

evan_ott@yahoo.com I Love microskiff.com!

What happened to the floors and belly tank that was being installed? I was super excited to see you build this thing. Sorry it didn't work out for you but congrats on the 2 new additions to the family

10. joey_sostheim

joey_sostheim I Love microskiff.com!

The belly tank and floors were obviously never installed. The belly tank went into a friend of mine's center console. and my fiberglass guy used my materials on another project for my blackfin. I wish I had the time/money this is going to make one sweet skiff.

11. tomahawk

tomahawk Well-Known Member

Too big of a gamble for me. The FWC officer that inspected my truly home built skiff would not have signed off on this.
    Good luck to you and the future buyer and congrats on the new additions.