Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fly-By-Night
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will likely be in the area for a few days next month for work. Anyone have any experience in this area/region?

Would like to find a couple nice Browns if they're around, but would be fine with whatever is around.

Any and all advice welcome.

LH

·
Registered
850 Posts
Have fished it below Alcova to govt bridge. Some big fish in that stretch. Browns and bows. Can wade below Alcova Dam for few hundred yards, then becomes pvt. land. In Wyoming, bottom of river is considered private if land bordering is private. Even dropping an anchor is considered trespassing if you're floating. Never fished around Guernsey.

·
Fly-By-Night
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can recommend an outfitter on that river but no diy.
Thanks, I think it'll pretty much be me trying to fish in the afternoons after work, but it would be good to know in case I end up back out there for a longer stretch (likely).

·
Fly-By-Night
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have fished it below Alcova to govt bridge. Some big fish in that stretch. Browns and bows. Can wade below Alcova Dam for few hundred yards, then becomes pvt. land. In Wyoming, bottom of river is considered private if land bordering is private. Even dropping an anchor is considered trespassing if you're floating. Never fished around Guernsey.
10-4 Thanks, I'll most likely be flying into Casper so I may be able to give it a shot.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
154 Posts
Greyrocks
Glendo
Big Mac (Lake McConaughey)

Are the close reservoirs.

Big Mac has kick ass wipers, and some the fattest trout you'll ever see below the dam.

You'll have to google the others.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,101 Posts
There is some also fairly accessible water to fish near Casper if you want to fish on your fly in and out days. Was pretty grassy in some of the river which made it a little tricky to get to fishy spots at times, but still plenty of fish to be had. Quick google will catch you up on the spots I speak of, nothing to secret.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts